2. door frame.

I looked down at the ground, my mind jumbled and my heart racing. I could barely think straight, which was an odd occurrence for me. Millions of thoughts jumped through my mind; he was giving off a bad vibe, he was danger, yet kind of attractive.... But for some reason, there was one main thing that I couldn't stop thinking about.

"D-Don't call me that." I said quietly, still looking down. Andy frowned a bit, cocking his head.

"What was that? You'll have to speak up."

I swallowed thickly, looking back up into his icy blue eyes and feeling my heart race faster. Yes, I was afraid of him. His tattooed arms and piercings gave me a reason to do so. After all, my parents had always said to stay away from people who changed the appearance that God had given them....

"Arabella." I said, swallowing as I stood up straighter, trying not to show my fear, "I hate when people call me that, and you are no exception."

To my surprise, Andy merely smirked.

"Oh, I think I'll call you whatever I please, Arabella."

I felt my jaw clench. Maybe I didn't have a reason to fear him, but he definitely was a jerk.

"Why are you even talking to me?" I asked. Andy took a step closer to me, and I stepped back, my back pressing against my car. Why I had not yet climbed in and drove away, I had no idea. Maybe it was because when he looked at me, my scared little heart couldn't help but flutter.

"Why wouldn't I?" Andy looked me up and down, "You're gorgeous."

I felt my breath hitch in my throat. Was he flirting with me? Did he really think I was gorgeous? My heart beat faster as he looked into my eyes, I had never seen someone with eyes like his. So blue, so pure, yet with a hint of mischief flickering in them....

You stay away from folk like that, I heard my mother's voice say in my head, They'll only damage you, my flower...

Andy stepped closer to me, pressing his body against mine, and my breath hitched in my throat as he bit his lip, looking me up and down.

"I'd like to have you, Arabella."

"W-What do you mean...?"

Andy smirked wickedly, "I think you know what I mean, babygirl."

My eyes widened as the realization set in. I had just met him, and he was already making sexual advances on me?! How disgusting. He didn't even know me, and he had no right to think I was some sort of... Whore or something.

I quickly put my hands on his chest, frowning as I pushed him off of me. He furrowed his brows at me.

"What?" He asked, sounding offended.

I sighed, turning around and starting to unlock my car and not answering him.

"What did I do?"

Desperate to leave the situation, I quickly opened my door, shooting a glare at him.

"I don't appreciate sexual advances from strangers."

I didn't let him answer before I climbed in the car and quickly drove off.

~~

Hours later, I sat in my small yet cozy apartment, sitting on my plain white couch with thick textbooks scattering the coffee table in front of me. I had practically forgotten about Andy and the events of the earlier afternoon, throwing myself into studying as soon as I had gotten home. Sure, it wasn't the most entertaining thing, but it did help me get my mind off of him.

My brows were furrowed as my hand wrote down the calculations to yet another math problem. This was usually how I spent my nights. I was determined to get my medical degree and succeed in life, just like I had always been taught. That meant that I had to do more studying than your average college student. Or at least, that's what I had been told.