𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐨𝐧𝐞: "i'm on my way"

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
❝ 𝘴𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘴 𝘵𝘦𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘨𝘰 𝘣𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘵𝘰
𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭𝘴 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘩𝘰𝘮𝘦 ❞
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

"Get to the point Damon, why do you want me to come back to Mystic Falls? I've already told you I am done with the vampire drama

"Get to the point Damon, why do you want me to come back to Mystic Falls? I've already told you I am done with the vampire drama."

I said as I took a sip of my coffee. It hadn't been a month since I left Mystic Falls and the phone calls had already started. It's literally 7 in the morning for gods shake.

"Oh come on, don't tell me that you haven't miss us even a little bit" he said.

I stayed silent. Of course I had missed them. I had missed all of them. They are my friends, my family, it hurts me not being there by their side. But after everything that had happened with Klaus, the sacrifice, aunt Jenna's death I just wanted to get my mind off of things and coming to New York was probably one of the best decisions I've ever made in my life.

"Madi I can hear your heartbeat what's wrong?"

Damon sounded worried. Me and Damon had built an unbreakable bond while I was in mystic falls. He was practically my drinking buddy and best friend. He knew everything about my life. He knew when something was wrong and right know I wasn't in the best mood.

"Don't worry about me I am totally fine" I lied.

"How's everybody there? Have you heard anything from Stefan?"

Oh and I forgot to mention that the stupid hybrid had Stefan. Damon got bitten by Tyler and in order to save him Stefan offered himself to Klaus who God knows where he is right now.

"Technically that's the reason why I called you" I heard him say with an unreadable tone in his voice.

"Come again?" I questioned. I never liked Damon's ideas. They were either too impulse or too stupid.

"Me and Elena need your detective skills to track Stefan down and before you say no please just think about it. Stefan isn't gone Maddie. He can't be. We need to find him. We won't give up on him"

I couldn't believe my ears. Damon was selfless for once in his life. That's something new. Elena had probably done a good job while I was away.

"Wow, are you drunk or you actually care about your brother?" I teased him. In my personal opinion I assert it's the first option, but who am I to judge. Nevertheless, to be honest, Damon had really missed his brother.

Sometimes he doesn't want to show or admit it, because he's an ass, obviously, but he really love his brother more than anything in the world and he would do anything to make sure he's safe.

"You are ruining the moment dumbass" he replied sarcastically. Finally! I had so many days to speak to him and for a minute I thought he lost his sarcastic ass self. Good to know he's back.

"So?" He asked hoping I would say yes.

"I am on my way" I replied and hang up the phone.

~~~