𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧: "Chicago"

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

❝ 𝘈𝘯𝘥𝘳à 𝘵𝘶𝘵𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦𝘯𝘦❞
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

Some people might think that I am acting impulsively or that I am gonna get myself killed but to my defense, first of all, that's a Damon and Elena thing and second of all, if you want something done, you should do it by yourself Well, sort of

~~~

"I still can't believe that I agreed on this" I say getting out of the car which was currently parked in an alley in the city of Chicago.

"Oh don't act as if you aren't enjoying my company" Katherine replies with a slight smirk on her face. "Plus, out of all those idiots back in Mystic Falls, you are the less..."Idiotic" to get this over with". I roll my eyes.

"The only reason I am doing this is to make sure my friend is okey Katherine it's not like I am enjoying hanging out with you nor that I trust you"

"Then perhaps you should stop associating yourself with Elena that much. Affects your judgement" she throws at me sarcastically "Still, saying that you don't trust me and coming here nonetheless. How do you not know that I am gonna set you in a trap."

"Oh please, how? You are more obbsesed with Stefan than Damon is with bourbon. You want this to work as much as I do, I don't think that you would do anything to prevent this" I tell her sounding sure about the situation.

Her smirk only grows and just like that we start making our way to the center of the city.

~~~

"So what did your witch said about the location again?" I ask Katherine as we are walking down the crowded street. Suddenly, we stop in front of a bar's entrance.

"Here" she says coming closer in order to hear what's going on inside. Then as I take a more careful look at the place relazation hits me, that's the bar Elena told me about when I called her yesterday.

I didn't get the chance to talk to Damon since he wasn't answering my calls and by taking their recent visit into consideration I shouldn't have come here in the first place. In simple terms, Damon got his ass beaten up by Klaus and Elena got her feelings hurt by Stefan.

"You go inside first" Katherine tells me taking a step back looking rather hesitant.

"I didn't have you for the scared type kitty Kat" I say in a mocking tone and she rolls her eyes. Truth to be told I don't overly blame her. Her whole life she has been running from a dude that murdered her entire family and nearly her. It's reasonable for her to be hesitant about the fact that she might see him again. Either way, I don't get to see THE Katherine Pierce like that very often so don't judge me for teasing her a little bit.

"Hey we're both gonna die either way, the only difference will be that I am gonna die from Klaus and you from Damon if he finds out we went to bring his brother home behind his back and I died in the process."

"Look, I am gonna have your back if something happens and if we're lucky Klaus won't be inside" she says with a serious tone in her voice.

Then all of a sudden we hear screaming coming from inside. Me and Katherine share a look and without a second thought she vamp speeds into the bar and I follow beside her. As we enter further into the place, we see Stefan chained up on a table, covered in blood and sweat, his body full with cuts and bruises. Beside him, there is a witch ready to kill him.

"Wait!" I yell not thinking clearly at that moment while Katherine is giving me the look which basically screams to shut up. The witch quickly turns around not expecting anyone to show up in the middle of her "torturing session".

Her gaze falls straight up to me, examinateing me carefully. Then her expression imidiatly changes onto something I can't quite read. "You-" she says but before she gets to finish her sentence Katherine goes up and stabs a knife to her neck. The witch chokes and slowly falls to the ground. "You did need my help after all" kat tells Stefan who's looking at us with a mix of relief and surprise.

~~~

"What part of the stay away from me did you not understand in the first place Maddison." Stefan signs while we're waiting for Katherine to get rid of the dead witch's body.

"I am gonna ignore your little monologue and pretend that that was your way of saying your welcome. Plus, Elena told me what happened the other day so I needed to come and see it by myself"

"I am doing this to protect her! All of you! I said what I had to say, if Klaus finds out she's alive..." Stefan notices my confused expression trying to put the pieces together. "Damon didn't tell you did he?"

"Tell me what?" I question him.
"Klaus is trying to make more hybrids but he's failing. The minute his blood enter their system they become unconscious, that's because they don't need **his** blood-"

"They need Elena's" I finally say realizing where Stefan's statement is going and what he's trying to prevent from happening. "If he finds out she's alive he's gonna drain her out..."

"I appreciate what you're trying to do but you need to understand me. What I said to Elena, I am doing it to keep her safe" he admits, his expression showing how exhausted and tired he is after those three months. So I walk closer to him and give him a hug to comfort him.

Once again he's sacrificing his own happiness to keep the one's he loves the most safe, even if that means pushing them away. There, that's the Stefan I remember and always looked up to. "Talking about protection, I never got to thank you for taking home me home after I fainted" I say to him while we're still hugging.

"You need to return back to mystic falls" I hear Katherine's voice as she enters the bar preventing Stefan who was about to say something in return.

"The bourbon addict called and he doesn't sound very happy knowing that you're here" Katherine tells me. I give her a little nod and then turn my attention back to Stefan.

"Be safe alright?"

"I will"

~~~

Author's note:

MADS AND KITTY KAT>>>
the only thing I have to say about that chapter. :D

 :D