|| Chapter 19 :- Kartik knows the truth ||

" I want to tell you something... Jo batane keliye I was struggling... Itne din... But nahi keh payi... Vo mai aaj bolna chahti hu... ", Naira said.

Kartik was confused.

" bolo ? Kya kehna hai tumhe? ", kartik asked.

" tum sacche ho Kartik... Mai ab aur ye baat nahi chhupa sakti tumse...
Mai... Mai ek ladke se bohot bohot pyaar karti thi Kartik...his name is Tushar ", she spoke it in one go closing her eyes tightly.

And here he was shell shocked knowing the truth. Now he understood the meaning of Naira's silence everytime.
She always wanted to say something but the situations didn't allow her to. His whole world turned around 360 degree in a second. He was still digesting the fact that his wife loves another man and not him.
He took a deep breath and sat on the bed.

" Tum usse pyar karti thi... ya karti ho? ", Karthik asked without facing her.

She at once turned to him listening his question... But she couldn't answer him.

" so this was the meaning of your silence ", Kartik said as a tear escaped his eye.

He somehow controlled his tears as he knew that he had to act maturely now . There was no use of any argument or fight with Naira as it would cause only trouble to them and the family. In a second he felt his whole world snatched from him. He laughed on his own destiny.

' kya kya Sapne sajakar Baitha Tha...Main Aur Naira pehle acche dost banenge fir Uske baad Agar vo Chahe vo comfortable Ho To Ham Apne Rishte ko Aage badhaenge lekin Mere Sare Sapne to ek second mein khatm ho gaye.... sab khatm...', he said in mind.

Some minutes passed like this. Karthik was sitting on the bed deeply thinking something and Naira was back facing him not knowing what to speak. She knew that he is broken from inside but she couldn't do anything about it.

Just then he suddenly got up from the bed. He wiped his tears as his decision was done. He knew exactly what to do now.

" you stayed silent till this moment... Ab Baari Meri Hai... Aajtak tum shant rahi... Ab shant rehne wala mai rahunga... Raat bahut ho gayi hai... tum so jao... Kal baat karte hai... ", he said and sat on his chair and rested his head on his study table.

His words confused her more. She also wiped her tears and sat down and rested her head on the edge of the bed.

In a few minutes both fell a sleep on their respective places.

🍁🍁🍁

Next morning,

Swarna had come outside kartik's room to wake them up for the pooja. She knocked on the door. Due to the knocking sound, Naira's sleep broke. She woke up and opened the door.

Swarna : good morning beta...

Naira : good morning aun... I mean maa...

Swarna : (smiles) accha hai... Mujhe maa hi kaho tum... Accha suno.. Mai ye bolne aayi thi ki aaj subah pooja hai... Tum dono ki nayi nayi shaadi hui hai toh uske liye rakhi hai... Toh tum dono acche se ready hojao aur niche aajao... Ok?

Naira : ji....

Swarna leaves and Naira closes the door.
She looks at Kartik. He was sleeping in a very uncomfortable position. She started thinking how to wake him up now.
She approached him and called him..." kartik... "
No response from him.....
She called him again.... " Kartik "...

Again no response....
She thought she had to touch him now to wake him..
She forwarded her hand to touch his hand just then he moved in sleep causing her to take her hand back quickly.
She again called him hoping him to wake up....
" kartikkk "..

This time he woke up rubbing his eyes.

" Good morning... ", he as usual wished but the next moment he remembered yesterday's dreadful night. His mood went off and his face fell again.

" vo... Pooja hai toh maa aaye the batane keliye...hume ready hona hoga... ", she told him.

He just nodded, took his clothes from the cupboard and went in the bathroom.

After some time, both got freshened up one by one and went in the hall for the pooja.

The pooja was done well.
After that, both came back in their room.
Naira was still confused about Kartik's approach  towards this situation. He had something very different in his mind.

Naira : Kartik...

Kartik : hmm?

Naira : tumne kaha tha ki kal baat karte hai... Toh...

Kartik : oh... Ha... Kaha toh tha maine.. You want to hear my decision?

Naira nodded in a yes.
He firstly looked at her continuously and then took a deep breath.

" My decision is... "

••••

What will be his decision?
Let's see....

* Don't forget to vote and comment...
See y'all on next Sunday...
B bye ✌️