Chapter 17: Bestfriend

A/N:

I changed the pic of Chapter 14: Mr. Gangster's Father. Hope u like it!!

*The one on the pic is none other than Isabelle Pressman, Yassi's sister. Dapat kasi si Yassi ang bff niya. Pero okay lang yan! 👍🏻👍🏻
________________________

Ysabel

"The show's about to start."

I should've known frpm the very start. F*ck! They know our plan. They know that we came here to get the documents.

___________________________

"Where are you?!" I have been searching for a folder with the documents inside.

I continued to throw the papers when I touched something hard. Is this it? I immediately threw the papers that was on the way and saw a long green folder.

Joy. Hope. Anger.

I stood up carrying the heavy folder and placed it on the table next to the drawer. I carefully opened it and shock spread on my face. I feel like crying. I should've known.

"F*ck!" I cursed. I have never been tricked in my whole life a s a gangster. Well, this is a first. I flipped through the other papers but it was still the same.

EMPRESS

You fell for the trap and now I'll make sure no one, not even you can escape hell.

I threw it on the floor and went out to warn Nathan.

___________________________

"Are you okay?" I asked. I looked up to him and a blood dripped from his cheek. He got hit!

"Yeah."he casually said as if nothing happened to him.

"What happened to your cheek?" I got my loose crop top and wiped the blood. I dont give a damn if I am only wearing a sports bra right now.

"You are smoking hot, Ysabel." My cheeks burned. I feel hot. Sh*t! Thi is, I think, the first time Nathan called me Ysabel. I stopped wiping his cheek and threw my crop top on the floor.

"I know I'm hot. I am hot as hell." I saw him grin but I didn't mind him. All we need to do now is to get out of here.

"Alexandra, where are the others?"

"They're coming, Empress. Ju-------ait-----"

"Alexandra! Hey, talk to me! Where are the others?!" What happened? Don't tell me something happened to them? To her?

Silence.

"Sh*t! Alexandra!" I shouted furiously. I am now worried. What could have happened to her.

I was about to speak again when a deep voice spoke.

"Empress." I know this voice!

"What have you done to them?!"

"You'll see. I mean, you'll hear." He laughed wickedly and there was a moment of silence.

"Empress!" I heard Alexandra's voice and it doubled my worries.

Alexandra is my bestfriend. She is like a sister to me. We met when we were grade schoolers. At first, I don't like her because she is one of the mean girls. But after she was sent to the principal because of bullying, her so called friends, disowned her. And at that time, I was crying. She comforted me and then we became friends. Bestfriends. She never left my side. Every step of the way, she is always there. I treasure her the most. And I can't risk loosing her. My sister. My bestfriend. I will protect her. No one can stop me. Not even the devil itself.

"If you do something to her, I will hunt you down. No matter where you hide, I will find you." I said i gritted teeth. I was in the verge of tears. But no! I am not gonna cry.

"We'll see." After he said that, a loud bang was heard and it made me crumble into pieces and the world stopped moving.

Bang!Bang!

"Nooooooooo!!!! F*ck you! I will kill you!" My tears kept on flowing. No! My bestfriend isn't gone right? Right?

Nathan went to me and saved me from falling. He comforted me and at that moment, I lost someone that means a lot to me. Someone who is worth more than gold. Someone who is hard to find and easy to LOSE.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
A bestfriend.
***
Nathan

After I saw her cry, I realized that even strong people have weak spots. I comforted her, hugged her and told her that everything's going to be fine. And at that moment, it made me feel the want to protect her. Take care of her. Love her.

After a few minutes, she stopped crying and stood up, wiping her red eyes. Alexandra means a lot to her.

"Let's go." Her aura changed. Dark and ice cold. She tied her hair and damn those collarbones!

"They.Will.Pay. They started this and I'm gonna end it. Even it means I will die." she said in gritted teeth. Her fists were balled and shaking in anger while looking at the dead man. A tear escaped from her eye.

She glanced at me and signaled me to go. And of course, I followed her. I was about to turn when I heard something.

I looked at Bel and she was kicking the dead man, hard. She got her gun and shot it six times and finished it with a knife on the head before heading towards my direction.

"Kill. Dont get caught." she said before passing by me.
***
Third Person's POV

"Boss, what are we going to do with the body?"

"Burn everything." he smirked. "Let's see if Ms. Gangster survives our wonderful show."
***
Ysabel

I hurriedly went down the stairs, killing 4 men on the way. I don't care if I'm being brutal. People like them don't deserve to live. They killed her and all of them are gonna pay for it. I glanced at my back and spotted Nathan guarding my back.

"Empress!"

I saw Vivienne with Athena along with some of the Black Cheetahs and Menacing Hawks. I went near them and Vivienne hugged me tightly. Athena just stood there but it is so evident in her eyes that she just cried.

"She's gone, Ysa. Alexandra's gone!" She cried even more. Alexandra is the life of the gang. She is the one who encourages us in our fights and the ultimate joker. What would happen now that she is gone? That thought made me teary-eyed.

"And they are gonna pay for it." I said coldly. She let go and wiped her tears away. The others just watched us in sorrow.

"Empress!" Nicco ran towards us with a worried expression. "Something bad happened."

"What is it, Nic?" Nathan asked. I still don't have the guts to speak to other people.

"They burned the van."

If they burned the van then.....holysh*t! They f*cking burned the f*cking van! I quickly ran as everyone called out my name. I don't care if something bad will happen to me. This is my fault anyways. I should've made sure.

Tears were already streaming on my face as I ran. My vision got blurry. My knees got weaker. But this isn't the time to give up. I turned to a corner and a huge fire greeted me. No!

"Alexandra!" I shouted. I went near the van even though I cannot bear the heat. I searched everywhere. When I looked at the back of the van, I saw the body of Alexandra.

"NO!!! ALEXANDRA!!" I was about to grab her when someone pulled me away.

"Let go! Alexandra! Let me go!" His strong grips made me weaken. I can't take this anymore. I want to die.

"You'll die." He calmly said. His voice is soothing that it made me calm down. He let me face him and hugged me tightly. "I don't want to lose you."

His words....does it mean something? I so tired. I want everything to end. They took my parents life and now they took my bestfriend's? I was about to hug him back when the van exploded and everything went black.
***