Chapter 18: Reminiscing

Third Person's POV

White-painted wall with a few broken tiles. No windows. A steel door that can be opened from the other side.

It's been two years since I've been here. They tortured me. They molested me. They treated me like I am some kind of animal. Every. Single. Day. Food is given two or if your lucky, three times a day. Sleeping is unlimited, though. But the problem is that a hard matress or foam that is hard as rock was given to me. I also spent sleepless nights everyday for the past two years. Nightmares are the main reason for this.
.
.
About my past.
.
.
.
.
About my daughter.

I heard voices from the other side of the wall. I quickly stood up and placed my ear at the tiny hole that I have made which is located near the door. It's so tiny that they haven't noticed it.

"500 million dollars." the voice said in authority. Good thing it was switched on to loudspeaker.

"Okay. But make sure that you bring the drugs with you."

"Of course." The voice chuckled. "Ready her and make sure she has no wounds nor bruises."

It took him a minute to answer. Bruises? I have a lot of 'em all throughout my body.

"Yes." And he ended the call.
***
Ysabel

I ran through the thick bushes, trees and tall grasses not knowing where to go. Running endlessly through this forest is tiring but for the past hours, my feet hasn't stopped. I did stop for sometime but it only lasts for two seconds and back to running. I don't know where I am cause when the moment I opened my eyes, I am already hanging from a tree branch. Glad that it was thick though.

My eyes started to get blurry amd that's when my feet stopped. Without any warning, tears escaped my eyes. I tried to wipe all of them but they just kept flowing. Like a faucet. My knees started to get wobbly and the next thing I knew, I am already sitting on my knees.

Then, a sharp pain hit my head. I curled up like a ball but it didn't seem to work. I kept on grasping my hair and then memories from the past flooded my mind. Everything.
.
.
The accident.
.
.
Mom.
.
.
Dad.
.
.
Gone.

"Stoooopp!"

Everyone that is close to me keeps telling me to move on and forget all about it. But how the hell am I gonna forget the past when it's the one who keeps on reminding me every fucking day?!

You can never bring the past back but sometimes the past will be the one to bring back those horrible memories you had.

No one can escape it. Not even me.

After a few minutes, I stopped crying. Maybe now is the time to let go. To let go of the past and look forward to the future. I stood up and was about to run back to where I came from when I heard someone crying. My senses immediately said that someone's in danger. I have to save it. But I am a gangster. I kill, not save. Erase that sh*t! Just for today, I will save not kill.

I walked carefully towards the thick bush. The sound of the crying became louder and louder. When I turned my head to the right, I saw a little girl in a cute pink dress with matching shoes and hairband slumped on the ground, crying. She must've noticed my presence because she stopped crying and looked at me.

"Why are you crying, little girl?" Sh*t! This is the very first time in the whole existence of Ysabel Reyes that she asked someone POLITELY.

She started crying again so I went near her and sat down on my knees, again.

"What happened? Are you lost?"

She nodded disapprovingly and wiped her tears. "Please help me."

"What is it?"

"Please help my mommy and daddy!" She pleaded, still crying.

"Where are they?" The little girl pointed towards the thick bush. Curiousity got over me so I went near it and everything stopped. Tears immediately flooded my face and my eyes widened on what I saw.

Them. It's them. It's like my head's gonna explode. I fell on the ground and gripped on my head.

"Noooo!!" Tears started to fall again. I tried tp calm myself by saying that this is just a dream but everything seems so real. A little hand touched my shoulder and I there stood the little girl.

"Help them, Bel." Her eyes are so sincere. I badly wanna help her. But I can't. I don't want to look at them anymore. My parents. Being killed.

"I'm sorry, kid. But I can't." I wiped away my tears and stood up and walked away.

"You can't run away from the past, Ysabel."A voice said. I looked back and saw someone but I can't clearly see his face.

"I know. And I know that this is just a dream. And don't worry, I'll forget about it."I said, my eyes still searching for this motherf*cker's face.

He laughed wickedly, his hands on his sides.

"Anyone who forgets about their past are the ones who are condemned to repeat it." He said and a figure appeared from his back and their appeared Marcus Anthony Reyes, my father, all covered in blood and is already lying on the floor.

"Daaaad!" I called out and was about to run to him when someone stopped me.
The man got a gun from his pocket and pointed it at me.

"Go ahead. Shoot me."I aimlessly said. I, we are all born to die. What's the point of living if you're going to die afterwards? They took away my parents. They took away my bestfriend.
I am fucking ready to die.

The man slowly turned the gun to the other direction. I heaved a heavy sigh but it was replaced with a very shock expression. F*cksh*t!

"Don't." I said in gritted teeth.

"You can't stop me. You said you're gonna forget about the past. Let's start with this shall we?" He pulled the trigger and everything came crashing down to me again.

"Nooooo!"
***

Ang weird nito diba? Wala na kasi akong maisip eh! Palagi akong may writer's block! Sorry kung matagal akong mag-update kasi nga may SCHOOL at nalowbatt ang pocket wifi ko at nawala din ang charger nito. Malas diba? Pero itatry ko lang na mag-update ng mas mabilis, okay? Try lang ha?

Vote

Like

Comment

Be a Fan!😊😊