Year 1: Mirror

Chapter Summary: Younghyun meets new friends and gets sorted into his house. Later on the same night, they find a mirror that exposed their desires to them early on.

--

Letter

"Brian! Brian! Hey! Wake up!"

The lump under the bedsheets moved a bit, releasing a small groan as it became smaller. The older boy jumped up on the bed while he continued screaming.

"Brian!"

Another groan was heard, "Jaehyung hyung, it's so early."

The older, Jaehyung, sat down and threw off the bedsheet from the younger, beaming, "But you're going to Hogwarts today! I've got your letter!"

Still sleepy, Brian snatched the letter from his best friend's hand. He opened it and, compared to Jaehyung, unenthusiastically pulled out the folded paper. He unfolded it and then rubbed his right eye as he read. And then his eyes closed.

"Brian! Wake up! What time did you even go to bed last night?" Jaehyung screamed again.

"I just went to bed two hours ago..." Brian mumbled.

Jaehyung scoffed, "I would have hexed you, but we're not allowed to do magic outside school so get up already."

Brian groaned out loud as he let Jaehyung pull him from his bed. His bed sheets fell on the ground with him as they were entangled on his feet. He fell to the ground with a thump and a pain in his hip, but he kept his eyes closed, still letting Jaehyung pull him by his hand.

He untangled his bed sheets from him first and fixed his bed for him. Then he resumed his mission to drag Brian to the kitchen where his parents were waiting, excited as well.

"Eomeonim, Abeonim! Brian won't wake up!" Jaehyung reported as he entered the kitchen with Brian on the now-clean floor.

"Oh, Younghyun-ah, come on. Stand up! It's the day!" his mom chuckled.

"Younghyun, you know your mom and I can do spells, right —?"

"I'm up!" Brian stood up and shut his eyes when his surroundings spun.

His mother chuckled at him as she put bacon and fried chicken on his and Jaehyung's plates. Brian sat down on his chair and looked at Jaehyung with narrowed eyes.

"Why are you here?" he asked.

"Oh, don't be rude. We invited him for breakfast. He'll come with us to Diagon Alley and help you buy your equipment," his dad said as he read from the Daily Prophet, his other hand used for drinking tea.

Brian hummed loudly as he thought about what he'd buy. He retook the letter and looked at the list of his required equipment. The only things that caught his interest were a wand and a pet to bring to Hogwarts. If he remembered correctly, Jaehyung brought a cat with him and named him Jaedong.

Jaehyung is a half-blood wizard whom Brian has known since he learned how to walk. Their families were close friends as they go way back to their school days in Hogwarts as well. Jaehyung's father was a Gryffindor. Brian, on the other hand, is a pureblood.

His dad was a Ravenclaw, and his mother a Hufflepuff. Jaehyung had told Brian stories right when he returned from Hogwarts after his first year. Everything from the sorting ceremony to the secret passageways that he had found while roaming the school grounds during his free time.

He had waited for them to get to Brian's room before Jaehyung discussed all the passageways. Brian wasn't excited, nor did he get excited even when Jaehyung was telling him all those stories. It wasn't that he didn't like magic. It was more like he was too lazy.