Year 7: Wizarding War

Chapter Summary: Last year, they knew about Ilhyun being a Death Eater. So, it surprised them when she was still helping them stay safe as much as they could moments before the Wizarding War. But if Ilhyun, who they eventually concluded was their ally, was captured by the dark side, how would they be able to survive?

--

Divided

Brian stood beside Chan by the veranda, looking up at the night sky, at the stars that littered it, and at the moon that shone down upon them. He remembered his owl, Bbirong. He had left the owl with his parents while they were on break.

He had told his parents to stay in the Muggle World just to make sure that they were safe. Brian didn't want them to join the war and assured them that he'd be fine. He also remembered Sungjin. Not that he ever forgot about him. He always thought about him.

Chan has been frowning more often lately. He hadn't smiled even a bit since Ilhyun had left. No one knew where she went. Chan was still upset at her but still hoped that she was fine.

They were at Chan's house. The rest, Jaehyung, Mark, Jackson, Seokjin, Hoseok, Taehyung, Youngjae, and Jungkook, were downstairs, while Chan and Brian were on the veranda on the second floor.

Jaehyung, Mark, and Jackson were all still in disagreement with their usual partners. Seokjin was here because Jungkook was here, and because he and Namjoon agreed to part just to make sure that both sides were safe.

The same with Hoseok — Yoongi told him to keep an eye on Brian and Chan while he looked out for Sungjin and maybe Ilhyun. The two other Hufflepuffs came with Hoseok.

On the other side, at Sungjin's house, were Wonpil, Jinyoung, and Jaebeom — as well as Namjoon, Yoongi, Jimin, Bambam, Yugyeom, and Dowoon. Seokjin had told Namjoon to keep an eye on Sungjin and told Sungjin to heed Namjoon's advice.

Seokjin led the other group and helped everyone as much as he could. Right now, he was assuring that everyone wasn't on edge. He went up to the second floor and joined Chan and Brian on the veranda.

He walked out, the wind messing his hair and fringes slightly covering his eyes. He ran a hand through his hair to push it back and let the wind blow it to his right as he walked toward the two younger Gryffindors.

"You guys alright?" he asked, accepting the hand hug that Brian had proposed.

Brian gave him a small smile, nodding slightly, while Chan stared into the distance. Seokjin put a hand on top of the boy's head, and Chan blinked.

"What's on your mind?" Seokjin questioned.

"She didn't betray us, right? Ilhyun?" Chan mumbled.

Brian leaned to the railing of the veranda. Seokjin put his hand down on the younger's shoulder.

"Do you think she betrayed us?" Seokjin asked back.

"I'd like to believe that she didn't," said Chan. "I'd like to believe that she's still a friend."

Seokjin sighed, "You know, you might want to hold onto that."

Chan looked at him and he smiled.

"I don't think she'll turn against you, or any of us, for the dark side," Seokjin said.

"How can you say?" Chan blinked.

"I just —"

He stopped and looked up at the sky, eyes widening when he saw two black smoke flying around Chan's house.