Seven Years Later: Letters

Chapter Summary: It had been seven years since the war. The characters have built their own lives and families. But was seven years enough time for Sungjin and Younghyun to move on? Are there still any feelings left, or are their feelings only a part of their memory now?

--

Reunion

Sungjin paused on explaining a topic to his students when something flew up to the tower with the help of the wind. They followed it with their eyes until it dropped onto Sungjin's head. Sungjin took the letter, frowning as he turned it over to read the recipient's details.

Park Sungjin

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

Sungjin furrowed his brows before he shrugged and put away the letter on his desk. He resumed teaching again until the door to the tower opened a few minutes after, the History of Magic professor barging in, together with the other professors.

Sungjin frowned confusedly, scanning their faces, and narrowing his eyes at Jaehyung's panicked expression. Then he looked at his students who looked back and forth between him and the other teachers.

"Class dismissed," Sungjin said and let the students leave.

Jungkook closed the door as the older teachers approached Sungjin.

"What are you doing here? You don't have papers to grade —?"

"Have you opened the letter?" Jaehyung cut him off.

Sungjin blinked, "No. I just got it minutes ago."

"Well, open it," Seokjin demanded.

Sungjin took the letter and pulled open the tab. He took the paper inside and furrowed his brows again, gasping a bit before looking up at the other teachers, eyes widening.

Apparate.

— Ilhyun.

"What — does this mean that she's back?" Sungjin questioned. "Does Chan know? Where is he?"

"We're speculating that he doesn't. He's probably in the Ministry of Magic," Namjoon said. "Considering he's one of the strongest and most prominent Aurors, along with your boyfriend."

"Oh, that's right. Why don't you ask your boyfriend if Chan knows? Or if he knows about this?" Yoongi smirked; his arms crossed on his chest.

Sungjin leaned back on his desk with his hip, sighing, "We haven't contacted each other since."

"You haven't talked with or seen Younghyun hyung in seven years?" Bambam raised his brows.

Sungjin shook his head and pulled out a necklace from under his teaching robes, "But it never stopped burning."

They looked at his Quidditch team captain badge that he had turned into a pendant with Jungkook's help. It was glowing red. Sungjin folded his arms over the other as he looked down at the ground.

"Wonpil hyung and I sometimes see Younghyunnie hyung at work," Dowoon suddenly spoke. "He has your prefect badge pinned on his clothes, most of the time on the inside of his coat."

Sungjin nodded a bit in acknowledgment, smiling softly at the idea that maybe Younghyun was also yearning for him too.

"And it was glowing, too," Dowoon added.

Sungjin licked his lips as he looked at them, "The letter just said apparate. Where do we apparate?"

"Apparition works if you think of the place you want to apparate to," Mark said.