Year 4: Yule

Chapter Summary: Everyone freaks out about having a date at the Yule Ball but Sungjin and Younghyun couldn't care less about it. The Yule Ball Eve comes around and Younghyun is suddenly called by Sungjin to the Room of Requirement.

--

Sequel

"Professor Moody is obviously not the best one that we've had, isn't he?" Jimin, the new addition to their group since Yoongi dragged him along, said as he leaned back and crossed his arms.

"Let's rank the Defense Against the Dark Arts professors that we've had!" Taehyung said. He was one of the new members of their group, a Hufflepuff.

"How can you contribute to that? We've been here for only a year and a half," laughed Youngjae, a Hufflepuff too.

"Well, obviously, Professor Lupin would top it!" Taehyung pouted.

"Something's wrong with Professor Moody," Dowoon mumbled.

"Of course. Do you see how he's always pissed at something? And he had no mercy on that spider," Jackson said.

"You're scared of spiders," Jaebeom looked at him with a comical grin.

"Not the point! The point is —!"

"No, really. It's not that. There's more. There's something more," Dowoon cut off Jackson's rant. "If he's an Auror... he wouldn't be like... that. That was too much."

Brian glanced at Sungjin.

"But it's also possible that he is like that. We just don't know him the way Professor Dumbledore does," Sungjin said.

"Anyway," Mark sighed. "Yule Ball."

"Ah, Merlin, Yule Ball," groaned Seokjin.

"Can't we just stay in the dorms and not attend?" Yoongi mumbled.

"I think not. If that was an option, students would certainly choose that," said Hoseok.

"If only there was no food," Brian sighed. "I wouldn't have been motivated to attend."

Sungjin chuckled at him, patting his head as he put his chin over his arms that were crossed on the table.

"Is it mandatory to have a date?" Jinyoung questioned.

"It's a Ball. Of course, you should have a date," Jaehyung said.

"Only fourth years and above can attend. But you can ask a student from the lower year level to go with you," Seokjin spoke up.

"Are you asking someone?" Namjoon questioned.

Seokjin shook his head and leaned back in his chair, arms crossing, "I should, but I don't know who to ask yet. Did anyone ask someone already? Or at least planning to?"

They looked at each other and chuckled.

"You're all hopeless, damn. Does no one find anyone attractive?" Jinyoung raised a brow.

"I mean," Mark sat up and stared at him.

"Mark, you're so flirty!" Jaehyung cackled.

"Hey, I don't know if a boy can ask a boy as his date to the Yule Ball," Mark scoffed.

"If you can, would you ask Jinyoung?" grinned Wonpil.

"Yes —"

"I am already refusing, if you're even planning to," Jinyoung instantly cut off Mark.

The Ravenclaw pouted and received a weird look from Jinyoung.

"Sungjin hyung," Jaebeom smiled. "What about you?"