Year 5: Owls

Chapter Summary: Our minds are very interesting places. Interesting, but dangerous. And no mind is more dangerous than someone's mind that can see through the future.

--

Start

Yoongi sat up on his bed, sweating and eyes wide as his hands shook. His lips were trembling as he caught his breath. He let his eyes adjust to the darkness, blinking a couple of times.

There were movements from two other beds and then there were two heads popping under the sheets.

"Hyung?" one of them called. "What's wrong?"

"Had a nightmare?" the other asked.

Yoongi gulped and looked out the window. Seeing the sun slowly setting up, he got out of his bed, "We don't have classes today, right? It's Saturday?"

"Yes, where are you going?" Jimin sat up, rubbing one of his eyes.

"Hyung?" Jinyoung called softly as the older briskly walked out of their dorm after putting his robe on.

Jimin and Jinyoung looked at each other and shrugged before choosing to go back to sleep and ask the fifth year later. Yoongi sprinted down the empty corridors and even with the cold breeze, he was still sweating.

It was still a bit dark, but he could guess that it was about five in the morning already. He was never a morning person, but he doesn't care. He got to the owlery and took out the spare parchment and extra quill that he had in the pocket of his robe.

He writes, Professor, ...

[short time skip]

Yoongi stayed in the owlery for as long as he knew. The sun was already high up and a couple of students had come to the owlery to write a letter and send it off. Yoongi guessed that it was already seven.

Looking one last time at the view, he pulled his robes to him and turned around to leave. He kept his head down until he reached the Great Hall. He heard Seokjin's voice calling for him from their table, where their whole group sat.

He looked up and stopped behind Namjoon, looking at each of their faces. Jimin and Jinyoung had glanced at each other again, hesitant to ask him about what had happened to him earlier. Yoongi's eyes landed on the core of their group, and he stared deeply.

Sungjin saw something cross his eyes and he was about to ask but Yoongi had already looked at Brian. And Sungjin saw something flash past them again. Yoongi looked away and sat in the space that Hoseok had provided between him and Namjoon.

"Are you okay?" asked their eldest Gryffindor.

Yoongi silently nodded and stared at the table, propping his head with his hand. The group talked quietly amongst themselves, and he listened but did not say anything. His eyes flicked up and then he was forced to look away.

His eyebrows furrowed as he stood up, grabbing Sungjin's shirt across the table and pulling him up to him as he sneered. Sungjin's breath hitched, eyes widening. Brian instantly stood up and carefully pulled Yoongi's hand from Sungjin and Yoongi let him.

"Yoongi, what's wrong?" Jaehyung questioned.

"Do it again. Go on. Do it!" Yoongi demanded from Sungjin. And Sungjin did. Yoongi spoke to him through his mind, 'Don't ever try to read my mind again, you punk.'

Sungjin licked his lips and nodded, unnoticed by the others. Yoongi left, and Hoseok followed him. Yoongi could feel all eyes looking at him, but he didn't care and simply went to wherever his feet would take him.