Part 4 | Prom preparations

hyunjin pov

that night after felix and i were hanging out in the room, yeah... my mom in fact scolded me.

"hwang hyunjin!!" eomma screamed. "why would you make poor felix do your work?"

"mom, you know that i hate planning these kind of stuff. i didn't even like planning that. i only take the thing every year so i don't get scolded by you. do you know how hard it is trying to impress you with girls? every time i bring home someone i think is genuinely okay, you make a whole ruckus at night when she's not here because you think this and that is off with her. then you put me with wonyoung for money. heck, you even asked me to marry her, out of force! i don't even like her eomma. i divorced her because i think something is off with her. then i brought felix. now you act like he's your child because you look like you favour him, way more than your own son! i don't even get the treatment he gets. he's not your blood related family member, he's your son's boyfriend. eomma, you need to realise sometimes that my thoughts need to be put into consideration. you always seem like yeji and niki are your favourites while i'm always behind the scenes." i shouted. (i'm sorry that was so long-)

"why are you changing the topic? you-" eomma was cut off by a familiar voice.

"y-you sound like you're jealous of your own boyfriend... tell me, hyunjin, do you really love me?" felix asked, his voice cracking.

"i..." i was speechless and ran past them, locking myself in my room and crying, sitting on the floor with my back resting against the door.

felix's pov

"come on felix... i'll take you to my room..." yeji smiled softly.

if you're wondering how i literally heard the whole conversation, i decided to head to hyunjin's family's apartment to discuss stuff with haewon eomma for prom, but yeji let me in, and i heard hyunjin's shouting which made my heart sink.

"are you okay, felix hyung?" niki asked, coming into the room.

"i-i'm fine..." i replied, leaning my head on yeji's shoulder.

"nik, pass him that plushie, the one that looks like a duck." yeji instructed and niki passed me a plushie. "wait... what were you doing here?"

"i... was going to discuss with your mom about the prom... before... that..." i muttered.

"poor thing..." yeji mumbled, patting my head.

"i'll go check on hyunjin hyung." niki smiled softly and left the room.

"don't cry felix... don't cry..." yeji muttered, hugging me tightly on her bed. "it's gonna be okay..."

no one's pov

"hyunjin hyung? it's me, niki. let me in, please? i just wanna talk to you." niki asked, knocking on the door.

"g-go away, niki." hyunjin muttered.

"i'm not here to scold you hyung, i wanna help you." niki pleaded.

slowly, the soft sounds of a doorknob unlocking could be heard and a hyunjin with puffy eyes, tears running down like waterfalls on his tear-stained cheeks. niki immediately asked hyunjin to sit on the bed, and locked the door again.

"come here..." niki gestured, having hyunjin lie on his younger brother's shoulder, still crying.

"how bad did i fuck up, niki?" hyunjin asked.

"if you ask for my opinion, hyung, you fucked up real bad... but... i'm sure felix will forgive you. he's upset that you said that, but i'm sure you can talk it out with him." niki answered. "hold on."