10

Another smack to Neteyams stomach sent him rubbing it softly, trying to subside the stinging.

" Skwang! I've already told you, inhale deeply and breathe from here." she jabbed his lower stomach roughly, and all he could do was nod and try again.

Neteyam and Vareya sat on the sand of the secluded beach she had mentioned to him earlier. After leaving her hut, she had led him further south of the island until they had reached a narrow rock path.

The dark stone stretched high, an intimidating structure that hid them from the bright skies of Pandora.

Vareya walked through it without a problem, maneuvering her body through the tight space of sharp rocks that stuck out and continuing at a fast pace. Meanwhile Neteyam's face twisted every time one scratched him, barely scathing him, but still very bothersome.

When they had finally reached the end, a section of secluded beach was revealed to the young pair of Na'vi. Neteyam wanted to enjoy another new discovery of majestic scenery, but it had seemed that Vareya did indeed gain her energy back quickly. With it, her attitude.

She barked orders at him, telling him to sit down and not get distracted. Then she began her yelling, poking, and hitting. He wanted different, and that's exactly what he got.

Where Tsireya was patient and gentle, Vareya was impatient and rough. She belittled him and called him names when he didn't get it right. If he breathed too quickly, his heart beat picked up(due to him being slightly frightened), or he so much as questioned her it'd be a problem.

Whatever moment of calmness, peace, and understanding he felt between them in her hut earlier completely dispersed as she went into complete drill sergeant mode.

And when Neteyam attempted to joke around by calling her that, she had no idea what it meant and figured he had called her something bad. She didn't even give him time to explain before she silenced him, and the poking and slapping became more frequent.

As her anger towards him only seemed to increase, she stood abruptly and demanded he be useful and teach her something instead. Claiming, " I could only handle so much of your stupidity in one day. Any more and I'll end up drowning myself."

So that was that, they ended the day with more fundamentals in fighting, just as his father had taught him and his siblings. Although Vareya was still slightly disoriented from whatever secret event took place to make her end up the way she was, he was impressed by how quickly she was catching onto the different movements and forms.

When they finally decided to end their first official day, he was glad to call it a success. As they began making their way back, she spoke,

" My uncle was right, you are a baby. I'd think with the lessons you gathered from my cousins you'd gain a little more understanding but you hardly know anything." she yelled at Neteyam whom followed behind, " Being the oldest of the family you need to be stronger, tougher, catch on to things quickly so you can become a better warrior in the water."

Vareya spoke fast and serious, and he wasn't sure if he should be glad or worried at her enthusiasm, so he just kept his mouth shut and let her say what she needed to. " Now that I know exactly where you are, we can set a type of schedule and rules."

She turned her head to look back at him to make sure he was paying attention, he nodded to signal for her to continue on. " I don't have the patience to deal with morons for a long period of time. I will teach you the physical stuff, how to hunt, fight, and breathe because that's a necessity. In exchange you will teach me the ways of the demons. You already know how to ride an Ilu, at least that. My cousin can teach you how to communicate under the waters, so some days you will head off with them and your siblings to also avoid suspicion. That's when we move on to rules..." she halted abruptly, turning to face Neteyam.

Although he was taller, it felt as if she was looking down on him, " No one must ever find out about this arrangement between us."

Neteyam tilted his head, " Alright, I won't say a word. But what's the big deal anyways, we're just helping each other out."

Vareya hissed in his face, " Because forest boy, I don't help people, let alone interact with them. So they get curious and start to question, questions turn into meddling, meddling involves attention, and attention is not what I want. So if I ever discover that you thought you'd gain popularity by spreading rumors of us, the only thing I'll be spreading is your blood all over this island."

He held his hands up in defense, " Take it easy, all right. I respect your choice, I only wanted to ask. " she huffed and began walking, he followed closely behind.

" Next rule, this training needs to be fast but efficient. I have secret spots but only at certain hours. The private beach gets crowded with fisherman at sunrise for a special fish that travels through there, and the cove is extremely popular during or after eclipse. We have to be careful and sneaky but we should be fine since I know the hours. But you have to understand, when I say where and when to meet, you cannot be late or not show up."

Vareya whipped a branch back to hit him but Neteyam dodged it, " Of course I'll show up..."

She whirled at him so fast he stumbled back a step, " Don't sound so confident, one word from your demon father and you'd be running to him with your tail between your legs. As I've already established, I don't have time for games. I need a mature and responsible Na'vi warrior, not a child. Leave them to my cousins." she took a step closer, and Neteyam found himself holding his breath,

" I'm trusting you with this forest boy, I don't like feeling like an idiot."

Their proximity was close so Neteyam whispered, bending slightly lower, " You can trust me Vareya. I won't betray or hurt you, and I understand your worried and can't believe me for my words so I'll show you with my actions. I promise."

Her ears went down at his claim, and for a second the storm in her eyes looked slightly calmer. " Alright then, let's see what your made of monkey boy."

There was a hint of a challenge in her voice as she said, " And remember, you might not like my methods of training. I suppose I'd understand if you want to call it quits and head back with my lovely cousin." she smirked, her fangs shining brightly.

His own lip lifted up as he teased, " I don't give up easily."

Vareya only rolled her eyes, turning her backside to him.

" We'll see about that."

~~~~
A/N

Hey baesss!!

DO NOT WORRY, this is pt.1 of a two part chapter I just decided to split it up! Chapter 11 will be pt.2 and will be posted later today once finished!!

Thank you all again for sticking around, love y'all's support sooo muchhh!

Let me know if there's any errors I missed or pls comment your opinions!

MUAH, _watuluv_9

VOTE, COMMENT, AND FOLLOW♥️