21

Just as expected, what looked like practically the entire clan was huddled closely so they could get a good look of the spectacle.

The useful ones were on their creatures as they scanned the area, the moon illuminating brightly was an aid to all of them.

Now that she was closer, Vareya was able to make out what they were repeatedly calling out.

" Lo'ak!" One familiar voice boomed louder than the others. A voice that for some reason had her dipping deeper into the shadows despite there being no way of him ever seeing her.

Jake Sully was in the air on his skimwing when he passed by her, riding effortlessly on one of the toughest creatures to master. Already looking like a true Metkayina.

Inside she felt bitterness start to present itself, but there was no time for that. When the conch was blown again, everyone began to move even closer to each other as Lo'ak made his way towards shore. He was coming from outside the reef.

Hm. She didn't think Aonung truly had it in him. Nor did she think the youngest monkey boy would be that much of a skxawng.

Finding a spot to stay hidden yet still be in good earshot and view of the scene before her was easy. Usually when she goes spying around, her bright white hair would alert anyone on Pandora. So she made herself a cloak with a hood so that she would be able to blend into the shadows of the island.

Become one with the darkness as it concealed and protected her from watchful eyes...much like her own.

She arrived to her spot behind one of the giant mangrove roots then heard the clans hushed murmurs, a mix of, " The boy has returned!", " It is the Sully boy!", and " They found the boy! They found him!".

Lo'ak thanked the Na'vi for her help, paying his respects before turning his attention to the crowd around him. But it seemed his eyes were focused on a certain someone.

Vareya watched expectantly, fully ready to watch a brawl take place since she missed the first one. And from the look on the monkey boys face, he seemed fully ready for it too. In fact, Lo'ak didn't even care that Olo'eyktan Tonowari and Tsahìk Ronal were standing right beside him.

Disappointingly, his cousin did not receive any punches thanks to Jake cutting in.

" Hey, hey!" he rushed forward, stepping in front of his son before he would do anything that could possibly ruin their chances of staying. " Let's have a look at you." he said while examining his son, but Lo'ak kept his glare on Aonung.

" He's fine, he's fine." Vareya was trying to figure out if he was reassuring the clan or himself, " -yeah, just a few scratches."

" Lo'ak!" Neytiri called breathlessly as she darted through the crowd and straight for her son, Neteyam following closely behind.

Neytiri went further though as she herself examined him before hissing lowly, " I pray for the strength that I will not pluck the eyes out of my youngest son." was all she said, finishing with a snarl.

Her Uncle was next to speak, " No. My son knows better than to take him outside the reef." In an easy motion, he had her pitifully dejected looking cousin on his knee. " The blame is his."

With a quick nod, Jake began to usher his family away. He probably didn't want to cause more of a drama than it had already become." Okay, let's go-"

" No." Lo'ak cut him off, " This is not Aounung's  fault. This was my idea. Aonung tried to talk me out of it. Really."

Tstew. Tìtstew indeed.

His parents were quick to believe his lie it seemed. Despite Vareya not knowing their son at all, even she could pick up on just how ridiculous an idea such as that is. No matter how rebellious they picture him to be.