one

~ • • ~

~ • ◇ • ~lone traveler~ • ◇ • ~

~ • • ~
lone traveler
~ • • ~

The day dawned crisp and clear. The just-risen sun shone softly onto the majestic forest. Glimmering through the leaves, sparkling on the petals of various colored flowers. A few artistic, fluffy clouds casted over the light blue sky.

Light steps thudded against the dirt road. Birds twittered as they curiously stared after the strange traveler.

The said traveler slowed in his tracks as his maroon eyes shifted upwards to the heavens. His eyes sparkled slightly at the sight of the birds singing and fluttering around. Relishing in their freedom.

Yoriichi had been traveling around this world for a few weeks now. The place was unique to him. Muzan Kibutsuji didn't exist here and neither did his demon followers.

However, he came to terms that this place wasn't void of any evil. Ghosts were common here, and to him they were no different than demons.

Yoriichi also quickly realized he became a 24 year-old once more, as he had reached the age of 85 back in the sengoku era before he passed away.

With a huff, Yoriichi went to stand beneath a few trees. He'd been walking for about 3 hours already. A quick break wouldn't hurt.

He closed his eyes and relaxed to the singing of the birds. The small, light breeze hitting his face, calming his nerves.

When was the last time he felt so carefree?

The soft silence was interrupted by a soft ringing of a bell that made itself known to him.

His eyes fluttered open and caught sight of a shimmering, silver butterfly flapping over to him. Yoriichi slowly reached out his index finger, careful not to spook the little creature.

The butterfly perched itself on-top of his finger, flapping its wings, showing off how glorious they were.

A small, tender smile spread across his lips as he stared down at the butterfly, his gaze soft.

"How beautiful you are", he softly complimented.

~ • • ~

~ • ◇ • ~