five

~ • • ~

~ • ◇ • ~bandaged~ • ◇ • ~

~ • • ~
bandaged
~ • • ~

"Hey, come here!", one of the gang members called on over to his fellow friends. All attention was diverted to the gateway to the temple, where the young man was ushering them inside. "There are a lot of brides here!"

Pengtou glanced over at the other group and scoffed. "I've seen it coming!" With a scowl he waltzed on over to Xie Lian. "You just wanna fool us and take all the credit so as to get the bounty! You think I will fall for it?"

Yoriichi clenched his jaw slightly. "Don't sputter words without proof, Pengtou. What would we need the bounty for?"

The man just spat at him with a dirty gaze. He motioned to the temple and yelled out to his men, "lets get into the temple!"

As they ran, some dropping their torches, Nan Feng quickly exclaimed in defiance, "Don't go there!"

Pengtou merely huffed and brushed the junior official off. "Don't listen to him! Let's go!" His men nodded in acknowledgment and did as he ordered.

Nan Feng's expression hardened into an infuriated scowl. He growled underneath his breath, "These rabbles."

As he was about to take action, Xie Lian held him by the shoulder in order to stop him. Nan Feng turned his attention towards the prince, Fu Yao giving him an unimpressed look.

Xie Lian softly said, "Calm down. If you hit the mortals and get caught by the heavenly inspectors, you'd be in trouble."

"We should follow", Yoriichi suggested.

Xie Lian nodded in agreement. "Let's go."

Yoriichi's expression softened as he looked down at Xiao Ying, who clung to his dress. "A-Ying, stay close alright? Don't stray to far."

"Mmm", she hummed in agreement with a smile.

Fu Yao rolled his eyes. "A real ladies man."

"Shut up", Nan Feng grumbled as they followed after Xie Lian.

As they entered the temple, Xiao Ying immediately leaned in closer to Yoriichi out of fright. Out of instinct, he wrapped a protective arm around her, while soothing her with soft words of comfort,