six

Here you go!
~ • • ~

~ • ◇ • ~promises not meant to keep~ • ◇ • ~

~ • • ~
promises not meant to keep
~ • • ~

The men shivered under Yoriichi's hateful stare. Pengtou let out a low groan in pain as he struggled to push himself off the ground. Blood ran down from his temple covering up his left eye. He couldn't suppress the hiss of pain and disgust.

Pengtou stumbled to his feet, one of his men lending a helping hand. Wiping the blood off his face as much a he could, Pengtou gritted his teeth and diverted his fury at the demon slayer. "Hah? Who are you to order me?!" Taking a taunting step forward, Pengtou smirked with pride. "Go on. Do your worst!"

Xiao Ying swallowed the lump in her throat as she slightly pulled the boy into her embrace and away from Yoriichi.

Yoriichi's hand clenched tightly around the hilt of his katana, so much that his knuckles turned white. A vein popping out of anger.

Those heated crimson eyes glowed under the moonlight as Yoriichi sucked in a breathe, "Sun Breathing-"

His voice was low and threatening, resembling a growl. Xie Lian's eyes widened a bit as he observed Yoriichi's blade tilt. He rushed forward and quickly grasped Yoriichi' wrist.

"Your Highness!", Nan Feng called out, concern bubbling in his chest.

Yoriichi's snapped his scorn filled gaze to the former noble. Xie lian met it with his own hard stare. As the swordsman realized who had just stopped him, the former anger clouding his mind slowly dimming, he relaxed in Xie Lian's grip.

"Gomen..." Yoriichi softly spoke. His gaze dropped to the ground, too ashamed to meet the deity's eyes.

Xie Lian's expression softened a notch as he smiled. He noticed the slip up as the red-head changed to his own tongue but didn't mind. He knew it was apologetic.

He kind of liked the sound of the foreigner's language. It rolled so perfectly off his tongue. It was so soft and sounded like a song sung by a little bird. He wanted Yoriichi to speak to him with it again...

Xie Lian smiled warmly, gently rubbing his thumb over Yoriichi's formerly strained knuckles. "It's alright."

Seeing that the Japanese man still didn't dare interlock their eyes, he gently cupped his face and tilted Yoriichi's head up. "Hey, I said it's fine. Your emotions just got the better of you."