two

~ • • ~

~ • ◇ • ~under the sunset ~ • ◇ • ~

~ • • ~
under the sunset
~ • • ~

Once things finally settles down in the tea house between the two juniors and traveler, Xie Lian pulled out a scroll and began, "Ok, let's get down to business. There is a legend about Mount Yujun. Legend has it that there is a ghost bridegroom living in the mountain."

A ghost bride groom? How unusual. Yoriichi pondered, listening to Xie Lian's story.

"He is ugly and sneaky. He likes to kidnap brides. Over the last hundred years, 17 brides went missing. Over a hundred people of the bridal processions were killed", continued the Prince.

"Only 17?", Yoriichi mumbled to himself. No demon could survive this long with such immense power with such little energy source.

"These events couldn't have been heard by the heaven. However, the 17th bride's father is a powerful officer. When hearing the legend, he picked 40 gallant escorts to protect his beloved daughter on the way to the groom's. His daughter was still gone. On hearing the missing of his daughter, the officer was enraged."

Their families must have been devastated. Yoriichi's mind wandered back to the past. His heart aching.

"He, along with his friends in power, did all they could to pray and make offerings. They also put out a decent bounty on the ghost groom. All of these stirred up troubles in the north. Thus, it gained the attention of the heavenly officials."

"Our goal for the task", Xie Lian finished off as he tucked away the scroll into his robe, "is to capture the ghost groom."

"Is there anything in common with the missing brides?", questioned Nan Feng curiously, folding his arms over his chest.

The prince stated, "Some are rich, others poor, some are pretty, others plain. Some are wedded wives, others concubines. In a nutshell, nothing is common."

Fu Yao chimed in with another question, "Has anyone seen this ghost groom?"

Xie lian plainly answered, "No."

Fu Yao crossed his arms over his chest while his eyes narrowed. "Since no one has seen it, how do you know it is a ghost groom instead of something else?"

"It is just a figure of speech, but your point does make sense", added Yorrichi, his eyes trailed to the window, eyeing the orangish sky color signaling sundown.