four

~ • • ~

 ~ • ◇ • ~darkened aura~ • ◇ • ~

~ • • ~
darkened aura
~ • • ~

Yoriichi stood in awe as the swarm of glowing, silver butterflies flew past him, even going so far as to caress his cheek.

His eyes locked unto them until they disappeared into the night, leaving a string of blue sparkles after them.

After a moment to recollect his thoughts, he huffed and pulled the veil from his head. His eyes remained on the piece of fabric swaying in his grasp as his brows furrowed slightly, a visible red hue decorating his face.

His gaze went to his hand that was so gently caressed and held by the unknown man in red. The hand that the man kissed.

Yoriichi clenched his hand into a fist. He gritted his teeth as he frustratingly put the veil into the sleeve of his dress.

He stood silent for a moment before heaving a sigh. "What an atrocious man..." he muttered under his breath.

He huffed and crossed his arms. The light jingle of a bell cut through his train of thought. His eyes fluttered open only to notice a small glowing butterfly perched on his shoulder. It's wings fluttering slightly.

Yoriichi rose a brow and pursed his lips. "You get no complements from me. You aren't as beautiful now that I know who you work for."

Of course the butterfly didn't answer, but instead looked up at him innocently, somehow still expecting some sort of praise as it lifted its majestic wings for him to admire.

Yoriichi's gaze softened a bit, before he sighed heavily. "So childish..."

The butterfly took off from his shoulder and flew away, silently beckoning the swordsman to follow it. Yoriichi hesitated. What does he want from me?

His hand tightly grasped the hilt of his sword, as he slowly followed after the small creature, cautiously eyeing his surroundings.

Not far ahead, his eyes quickly caught sight of a temple hidden between trees.

He hummed in curiosity. The building seemed rundown, cobwebs forming on the railings and dust collecting on the walls. He sauntered up to the steps, but halted as an uneasy feeling overwhelmed him.

Something isn't right. His eyes narrowed into a death stare as he observed the darkened doorway.

The writing on the temple was gibberish to him, however he knew this wasn't a Nan Yang temple. The writing was different. So it must be...