𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈. 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐎𝐟 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐨𝐞 𝐂𝐮𝐩

Chapter Eight; 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐎𝐟 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐨𝐞 𝐂𝐮𝐩

+ + +

"Wake up!" A high-pitched sing-songed voice pierced through Morana's ears. She grunted and turned over in bed, pulling her pillow from under her head before using it to cover her ears. "Come on, Morana!"

"No." The girl denied with a groan, struggling to push herself further into the mattress so that the bubbly girl could not drag her into something she didn't want to do.

"Mora, please." Her dark eyes snapped open and she glared at Enid, her eyes squinting whilst her coiled hair was sticking up on almost all ends. Morana would much prefer to hang out with Wednesday or Khaos, but Enid had bugged her ever the more so.

"Enid, do not use that name on me." Her voice cracked, whispers of the nickname soaked in the voice that had abandoned her flew through Morana's mind, swirling around her head as a tormentative constant reminder.

"I'm so so sorry." Enid quickly apologised, sitting on the edge of the girl's bed whilst her blue eyes stared at Morana with sympathy. "Did a loved one call you that?" With a very harsh glare, Morana clenched her hand into a fist and willed her energy to come to life. The blue crackling magic flowed from her hands and around Enid's neck, closing her airways whilst forcing the girl to stand and back away from Morana. Enid's toes were barely touching the ground as she struggled against the furious girl.

"She did not love me." Morana's tone was darker than ever thought possible, her lips curling into a snarl as she elegantly stood from the bed, taking steps towards the breathless, strugging werewolf girl. "She did not care to stick around so no....a loved one did not call me that. A conniving little bitch did!" Morana released her grip on Enid, allowing the girl to cough and gain her breath. With one last glare, Morana was swift to turn back and head towards her room, getting ready for the day ahead of her.

After tugging on the sickly uniform, Morana put some hair product into her curls and attempted to brush it through. When she could determine it was looking somewhat contained, she nodded her head and snatched up her bag, slinging it onto her shoulders.

She glared at Enid again as she approached the door to leave the dorm room, her hand gravitating towards the doorknob. She twisted it and opened the door with little struggle, but her eyes widened as she saw the boy on the other side.

"Khaos." She hummed, barging past him and closing the door after herself. She wasn't in a sociable mood anymore, thanks to a certain blonde.

"Morana?" Khaos looked from the door and back to the fleeting girl, confusion welling inside of him, but he quickly picked up his pace and followed after the girl he could say was a friend. "What side of the bed did you wake up on?"

"It was the right side but a nosy and pestering wolf pissed me off." She called back, her tone holding slight maliciousness.

"What'd Enid do?"