𝐗𝐈𝐈. 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐂𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬

Chapter Twelve; 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐝 𝐂𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐬

(pls comment and vote)

~

They were back in their uniform, clad and scowling. Well, Wednesday and Morana were. Enid, the blessed pastel blonde werewolf was an absolute beeming mess as she stood between her roommates, more than pleased with the fact they had won. She couldn't help but glance at her friends and beam even more so, knowing it was with their help that Ophelia Hall won this year's Poe Cup.

"The first Poe Cup took place in eighteen-ninety-seven-" Weems began, standing proud as she spoke to the rest of the school. Everyone was watching the announcement and the winning team, even those that lost. "-as a way to not only honor Nevermore's most famous alumni, but to celebrate those values that all outcasts share." Morana found her dark eyes gravitating towards a boy that stuck out amongst the rest.

His black uniform gleamed in the clouder weather and made him easy to pinpoint, whilst his mop of brown curls shook with his head. Their eyes, both of which were equally dark (although Morana's had a slightly lighter hue of brown) met and she watched as his darkened when they settled on her face. She had forgotten about the bruises cheekbone, the broken and bloodied nose and split lip.

She knew, immediately, that she was screwed as she watched an murderous anger arise within the boy, his chest heaving in a desperate motion of calming himself down.

"Community," Weems' voice was only a few seconds apart but it made Morana jump in her skin. It had felt like such a longer amount of time than that. "Perseverance, and determination. And we certainly saw those values on display today." Morana could see Enid glancing towards her, and so she glared and silently threatened for Enid to not say a word. The werewolf pulled her lips into a thin line, nodding almost desperately. She wasn't wishing to die today.

Enid beamed even wider as the large black and shiny trophy was placed into her hands, a symbol of her dreams coming true.

"Whooo!" She screamed out, shaking the trophy and eliciting several cheeps and claps from the crowd that were gathered within the quad, watching the display.

"Congratulations to Ophelia Hall!" Morana sucked in a deep breath in a singular attempt at keeping her patience from the loud cheering, her nerves becoming irritable at the unnecessary noise. "As a former resident, i will be happy to see the cup back on the mantle after all these years."

~

Everyone was sat, now discussing anything they pleased and yet Morana stayed glued to her place. Her eyes were staring at Khaos, as though it kept him at bay and stopped him from advancing too far forwards. She wasn't ready to confront him, whether it be for her appearance or part to play in the Poe Cup. Morana didn't know, nor did she wish to find out, but it seemed the boy had other plans.