𝐗. 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐤𝐲 𝐂𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐝

Chapter Ten; 𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐤𝐲 𝐂𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐝

(pls comment and vote)

~

The clouds soon washed over the sky, darkening the blue hues and leaving the atmosphere rather groggy. Dull. Numb.

A chill ran up Morana's arms almost feverishly, but she didn't shiver. She didn't move. She felt too cold already, her mind slowly becoming less overbearing. The longer she spent away from the academy, the less her mind seemed to work. It was as though she were slowly dying without actually dying. It was, in Morana's opinion, one of the worst experiences she had ever lived through.

Maybe she was dying?

A drop. Cool, wet and singular. It touched her forehead, rolling to the side in compliance with the tilt of Morana's head. Then another. Still singular. It hit her cheek this time, but it stayed in place, perfectly unmoving. Then another, and another until it was light droplets.

The coiled haired girl sighed in relief, as though the rain falling upon her still body was her own emotional relief. It was like she was letting go but she still held on so tight. But to nothing, she was holding nothing. Her heart was throbbing, aching and silently begging to feel whole whilst her brain still thought of nothing. Zip...nada.

"You look pathetic." The voice was dark. It rumbled off the chest of the boy it belonged to, and yet it ignited a small fire within Morana. "And imbecilic." A footstep, then another. The steps were quiet and at a slow pace but it came from behind her so she didn't look up. She stayed staring off into the distance. "I waited for you. You didn't come back." She said nothing and instead she soaked up the sound of his voice, embedding it to her memory as though it would be the last she'd hear it. "Emotions are a weakness, Chérie." He scorned her, scowling at the faint outline of her body that he could see from behind the tree.

He did find her pathetic, and yet here he was.

"I wasn't going to come look for you," he then said after a pause, "I was going to stop talking to you after you acted like an utter twat and stormed off."

"I didn't storm off." Her voice croaked out, her emotions almost spilling completely. They were longing to be known, to be heard and listened to. They wanted to be comforted and put at ease, they wanted his touch, his gentle stroke of his thumb upon her cheek and wiping away the raindrop that looked like a tear.

"You bloody well did." He spat, but he stayed behind the tree. His dark eyes softened as he heard her sigh deeply. "But i followed you, waited to see how long you'd wallow in your pity."

"Were you waiting long?" She asked, although rather sarcastically. She hated him for that. He watched her, saw her simply withering in emotional, numb turmoil. And he watched.

"Long enough." He shrugged. She didn't see it. "I felt cold." Khaos suddenly said, now moving to the side and walking to where he could sit beside his friend. "Numb, actually. I felt...incomplete."