Chapter 27

Lisa

Blood.

The color of blood was red. So was anger. Stained and discolored-vengeance-something else that was also messily smeared with red.

They all bled the same color, a flowing river of deadly things. They had the power to destroy a life or to resurrect a soul.

Death and life.

A beating heart or a bleeding corpse.

I-Lisa Kang-had been underestimated over and over again.

By Manoban and by my sister, my King. They expected me to play by their rules while they made me into a puppet of their mind games.

He came back with a gasp, and then he was choking on air. His breathing was labored, and I could see his chest rising up and down as he fought to inhale and exhale a breath. His screams were muffled by the cloth stuffed into his mouth.

He twisted his head left and right, seeking an escape, his freedom. There was none. I finally had Jiyong Manoban trapped, quite similarly how he liked to cage us all. He liked to play games-mind games, dangerous bloody games. Jiyong always thought he was at the top, always the winner. He was, for some time, as much as I hated to admit it. Jiyong had years to plan this little ploy; he had been far ahead of Seulgi and me. But we caught up very easily, piece of cake.

Jiyong became cocky. That was his first mistake. He underestimated everyone else around him-second mistake. He trusted the wrong people-third mistake. He tried to divide a family, my family-that was a fatal mistake. A final blow to his own fucked-up games.

Oh, how the tables had turned. Tsk tsk.

"Welcome back." My cold voice was low. It rung with the penalty of his death, and when our eyes met, he could see the truth in mine. His impending demise. No one was coming to save him. Not now. Not today.

Game. Fucking. Over.

He tried to speak through the cloth in his mouth, his dark eyes flaring with anger...and fear.

Fear was crippling, and fear could force you to make mistakes.

His mouth opened, but no sound came out. I could see the questions in his gaze. Fine, I'd let him speak. We had some unfinished business anyway.

I nodded at Bogum, who was standing silently by my side. He walked over to where Jiyong was dangling from the ceiling and removed the cloth from his mouth.

The moment he was free to speak, Jiyong let out a string of curses. "You fucking bastard..."

"You have bigger balls than I expected," I drawled.

"What do you want, Pranpriya? Tell me. Power? Money? My position? You want to be Boss? What. Do. You. Want?" He was wheezing now, each word a struggle to speak.

The poison running through his veins was fucking deadly. A very small dose would have taken six hours to destroy him. I might have tripled the dose...multiple times.

Manoban had only sixty minutes before all his organs would start to collapse. It was lethal. The venomous liquid inside his body would destroy his liver first. Then his kidneys. His lungs. His intestines. The fragile organ would start to melt, breaking into tiny fissures. Jiyong would remain conscious but in excruciating pain, until he'd slip into a coma and expire-or he might experience a cardiac arrest and bam.

That was...if I gave the poison a chance to finish him.

No, this job-I wanted to do it myself. With my own bare fucking hands.