Mágoa

"MÁGOA"

"MÁGOA"

Portuguese word. Mágoa means feeling hurt physically or emotionally, sadness, sorrow and / or sadness.

•••

João Santos awaited the arrival of his daughter on the couch in what was to become their old home in a matter of days.

Patricia, Gabriela's aunt, was sitting besides him. She lived in Portugal, but came to Bristol to say goodbye to her sister.

-She's going to hate me- he talked, looking at the ground with a lost gaze.

-I think it'll be the best for both of you. She was very young when you moved from Lisbon, a change will be good for her.- she replied trying to comfort him.

-No- he denied shaking his head.-She's going to hate me.- repeated.-She belongs to here, all her friends are here- said rubbing his face- Lan...Lando is like her soulmate, he's the closest thing to a brother she ever had. They can't go anywhere without each other, as if they were attached at the hip.-João paused for a moment- and her driving career...

-About that... I know a couple of teams in Lisbon who are interested in her.- Patricia informed him.- And her friends... she can come here on holidays and- she fell silent when a sound of keys was heard.

Gabriela entered the house and took off her shoes, leaving them next to the door.
When she looked up, noticed a lot of cardboard boxes under the stairs.

-Good morning?- she half-asked confused, still looking at the boxes.- Are you moving here, tia?- asked while she sat down on the couch. But frowned when her aunt shook her head.-Then what are those boxes fo- Gabriela stopped when she realized what was happening.-Dad?

Her dad hated himself when he noticed the eyes of her daughter starting to tear up. He got up from the couch and approached Gabriela's hands.

-I'm so sorry Gabri, I'm really sorry- The concern was clear in his voice.-It will be the best for us.

-No! It will be the best for you!- she raised her voice- What about me? About my friends? My whole life is here, Dad!- she removed his hands, standing up with tears over her cheeks.

She walked up to the door, putting on her shoes and opening the door, ready to leave.

-Gabriela, come here right now!!- she heard his dad yelling, but didn't turn around.

Right now, she only wanted to be with one person.

After 15 minutes walking, she knocked at the door in front of her. Looking at the doormat with the word "welcome" on it.

-Coming!- she heard the voice of her best friend and in a matter of seconds, the white door opened.

-Ela? What happened?- he asked worried.