começar de novo

"Começar de novo"In English: "start again"

"Começar de novo"
In English: "start again"

•••

August, 29 2015
📍Bristol Airport

-Ladies and gentlemen, Flight PS15 with service from Bristol to Lisbon. The flight will take off in the next 10 minutes, please have all the documentation ready.- The airport's loudspeakers emitted the voice of a woman reporting on the flight Gabriela and her family were about to board.

-Well, I guess this is a goodbye- Gabriela said, turning around for a better view of her friends.

Juliet had a sad smile in her face. She was always smiling and this wasn't going to be the exception even if she was only doing it so she wouldn't cry and make Gabriela sadder.

She stepped closer to her and gave Gabriella a hug.- We will miss you a lot, Gabri. Now who's going to give me its lunch at break time?- Juliet said and the Portuguese smiled.

-You can always steal Max's food- She answered when there was a gap between them again, and then pointed with her index finger at Fewtrell, who was the second to hug Gabriela.

Max's expression was not much different form Juliet's one, in fact they were very similar personally.

-Don't even think about it, Juliet. Or face the consequences.- he threatened before embracing Gabriela.- I won't miss your terrible cooking attempts.- He joked, earning a slap on the back of the neck from the girl.

-C'mon Gabriela! We don't have much time left.- her father said and she nodded at him before looking at the left, where Lando was standing.

He had dark circles under his eyes and around his green irises there were tears accumulated.

He stepped forward, grabbing some en when he took his left hand out of his pocket and hugging her tightly, as if her body was going to slip out of his arms and disappear.

She noticed how Lando's body jerked before feeling dampness on the collar of her t-shirt for the tears he had shed.

-Don't cry Lan, or you'll make me cry too.- Gabriela said, but it was too late.

Once they separated, Lando fixed his gaze on her best friend's eyes and extended his hand towards her to take the little box he grabbed from his pocket.

-It's for you, take it- Lando said, but when she was going to open the box, he stopped her.- Don't open it now, please.

Gabriela smiled at him and nodded, grabbing his arm and planting a kiss on his temple before taking a few steps away from the three friends.

-Gabriela!- she heard her dad yelling again.

-See you soon guys, I love you.- She said as a farewell while a tear rodded down her cheek.

When she turned around and grabbed her suitcase, she did not have the strength to turn her head and look at her friends. So she led her gaze to the box over her hand.

•••

Half an hour later, once the plane had taken off, she grabbed again the box Lando gave to her and undid the green bow.

When she opened it, the first thing she saw was a picture of them when they were kids and behind the photo one sentence written.

"Distance means nothing when someone means everything"

She smiled sadly and turned her gaze again to the box, where a gold necklace with their names inscribed and the number "4" was.

They met when they were four years old.

•••