chapter 6

El's POV

The next day, I went to school, still a little confused about what happened yesterday. "Hey El." Miguel greeted. "Hey." I replied. "Hey Princess, why didn't you and Will walk to school with me this morning?" Eli asked.

"I had to help Will with his hair, since he was complaining about it" I told him, before looking away. "Oh. I'll let it slide this time, Princess, but next time..." Eli told me, a smirk on his face that made my stomach do flips.

I rolled my eyes and said, "whatever, Hawk." Eli gave me a look that said, why'd you call me that? I just smirked slightly.

"Anyways, we should get to class before we're late." Miguel said, breakin the awkwardness. "I agree. Let's go." I said, walking away from Eli.

Later, at lunch, Eli came up to me again. "Why'd you call me that this morning?" He asked, sitting down next to me. "That's your name, isn't it?" I said, not looking at him. "Well yeah, but you can still call me Eli." He said. "Hmph." I said, crossing my arms, and still looking away.

"Come on Ellie, I'm sorry, alright." He apologized. "Mm" I said, still looking away. He went in front of my face. "Eleanor Jane Hopper, I said I'm sorry." I tried looking away, but I couldn't stay mad at him. "Okay, fine, You win." I said, smiling slightly. 

"Why were you mad at me anyways? Was it the not being a nerd anymore thing?" Eli asked. "Eli, I don't know who you are anymore. At first I was fine wht the Mohawk and the confidence, but you don't like the same things anymore. It made me upset when you said you don't like all the things we used to do together." I told him. "I'm sorry, princess. I'm just not like that anymore. You understand?" Eli told me in a soft tone, holding my hand slightly.

"Yeah, okay. It's whatever." I said. "Really? You sure you're not saying that just so I'll leave you lone about it?" I broke eye contact. "Mhm" "You're lying. I can tell." Eli told me. "Ugh. You expect me to be okay with all this, Eli? One minute we were talking about comic books and the next I come back to see you have friends that are jerks." I told him, clearly upset.

He sighed. "I'll make it up to you. Just tell me to do something and I'll do it." "Ugh, fine. You can do something for me. I don't know what yet, but something." I told him.  "I'll do anything to get you to forgive me."