4│UNBREAKABLE BONDS

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴋʜᴀʟᴇᴇsɪ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ᴜɴʙʀᴇᴀᴋᴀʙʟᴇ ʙᴏɴᴅs ꒱

❝ YOU'RE THE BEST

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

A dragon's instinct is, perhaps, better than a human's. When flying at top speeds, they have to make split-second decisions that can affect the course of their route. Unexpected trees, sudden drop-offs or rising hills, even the threat of foul weather are all taken into account throughout the dragon's flight. Trusting this impulse is extremely important for their safety, and doubly so when they are carrying a rider. Likewise, it's important for the rider to rely on— and even blindly follow— their dragon's reflexes.

Of course, some rider-and-dragon pairs are more in sync than others. Take Snotlout and Hookfang, for example: while their bond was as strong as any other, their conflicting personalities often led to. . . interesting results, today's being an uncontrolled path through the forest. The Monstrous Nightmare crashed through the trees relentlessly, forcing his rider to take several limbs to the face.

Astrid, on the other hand, had a much better relationship with Stormfly. However, the headstrong Viking often tried to be in control and call the shots. This lead to her dragon making her own decisions, which often startled her rider. In this case, the Deadly Nadder chose to go down, rather than up as Astrid had instructed. Although the blonde let out a startled scream as she was flung into the air, she landed safely on her dragon's back on the other side of the broken tree. Astrid had come a long way from her early dragon training days, and she could willingly admit— to her dragon, at least— that she was wrong. She let out a relieved breath as she conceded, "you were right, Stormfly. It was down. I almost died!"

Snotlout's indignant reply was lost amongst the trees as a third type of pair sailed over the forest without the chaos of the group below. Daenerys had known her dragon the longest, considering she was the one who'd hatched him. She trusted Drogon with her entire being and would willingly put her life in danger if he thought he knew better. Up in the sky, she only heard the loudest of her friends' bickering as faint shouts. She enjoyed the peace and quiet with just the sound of the wind for company.

Spring had finally arrived on Berk and she couldn't be happier; the flowers were blooming again, the chill had receded, and it was perfect flying weather. Dany closed her eyes and flung her arms out on either side as Drogon sped them forward with slow, purposeful flaps of his wings. The sun was warm on her face as were her dragon's scales beneath her.

Her first flower crown of the season was perched on her head in a bright burst of purple and green— her favorite color pairing. The leaves fluttered dangerously in the breeze, but ultimately stayed put due to the hairpin that held them in place. Every year, as soon as she could, she ditched her heavy winter boots to run barefoot. Her freed feet curled on Drogon's scales to help keep herself in place, which she found was easier when she didn't wear shoes.

Her peace didn't last as long as she would have liked it to as Astrid and Stormfly suddenly appeared in front of her, bringing Drogon to an abrupt stop that left them hovering in midair. The blonde gave her an amused look. "Enjoying yourself while we're out here training, are you?"

Dany's expression became guilty as she completely missed her friend's joking tone. "Sorry. It's just. . . you know Drogon doesn't do small spaces—"

"Relax," the other Viking said lightly. "I'm only messing with you. Hiccup's going to look for Fishlegs but he said he'd meet us back at the Academy. Want to fly back together?"