7│FAVORITE OF THE CHIEF

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴋʜᴀʟᴇᴇsɪ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ғᴀᴠᴏʀɪᴛᴇ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʜɪᴇғ ꒱

❝ KICKING BUTT & TAKING
NAMES, THAT'S WHAT!

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

A fierce wind whipped through Daenerys' silvery-blonde hair as she sat on Drogon's back. Her dragon's powerful wings beat the air as their sailed through the clouds, and she let out a laugh of delight at the feeling of adrenaline rushing through her. She was on one of her usual 'breaks' from her Berkian friends and rather than the weight of being alone as she'd felt when she was younger, all she felt was free. That could also be attributed to the fact that her parents flew near her, with her father on Viserion and her mother on Rhaegal.

It had been awhile since she'd flown with her parents, but they tried to fly together at least once a month. Unbeknownst to the girl— who flew ahead of her parents— her mother gave her a fond smile at the sound of her daughter's delight. She rode Rhaegal regally, just as Dany did Drogon when she was around her friends. Ingrid's posture was perfectly straight as her hands lightly clasped one of the dragon's spikes in front of her. Her own silvery-blonde hair was neatly braided close to her head to keep the strands out of her face, and looked like a natural crown.

Randolf, on the other hand, urged Viserion faster to catch up to his daughter. He leaned close to his dragon's back to increase their speed as he drew up next to Drogon. "Diving competition?" he called to the girl as he smirked at her challengingly.

Normally, Dany was perfectly game for trying to out-fly her father (much to her mother's disapproval— "you're going to get hurt one of these days!" she always scolded them), but today she had something else in mind. Since she'd practiced tricks with Hiccup, she wanted to show off her new skills to her parents. "Sure!" she called back. "But maybe not in the way you're thinking about!"

Her father's blond brows furrowed with confusion. "What other way is there?"

The younger girl grinned. Instead of answering him, she patted Drogon between the shoulder blades. "Ready, bud? Just like we practiced!"

Her dragon let out a concerned rumble, since he didn't particularly like this exercise and preferred to do it only when it was absolutely necessary. Dany ignored his worry in favor of glancing over at her father with a cheerful expression. She allowed her face to drop into one of (pretend) horror— which had her father leaning towards her in an instant— before she slid sideways off of Drogon.

Her mother's panicked cry of "Dany!" was lost to her ears as she fell through the air. The wind buffeted her from all sides, causing the material of her dress to stick close to her body— except for her skirt, which flapped from the force of the gale. She let out an ecstatic "whoo-hoo!" as she tumbled through the abyss.

In what seemed like no time at all, she'd left the chill of the fluffy, white clouds behind and the blue of the ocean appeared beneath her. Some of her loose, long hair got in her eyes, obscuring her vision, but she didn't need to see to feel. Her heart beat double-time in her chest as the sea drew nearer as there was always that what-if. Her stomach flip-flopped the whole way down, but it was the best type of feeling. The rush of blood in her ears was only second to the sound of the wind as she fell; even her own excited whoops seemed to be swallowed up by the air.

Just as the sea was getting dangerously close, there was a pinch on her ankle as Drogon clasped his claws around it. He beat his wings, puffing slightly, as he heaved them upwards again. She cheered with delight at their success. "Yes! Good boy! That's how it's done!"