5│THE 'WORST VILLAGER EVER' AWARD GOES TO. . .

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴋʜᴀʟᴇᴇsɪ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ᴛʜᴇ 'ᴡᴏʀsᴛ ᴠɪʟʟᴀɢᴇʀ
ᴇᴠᴇʀ' ᴀᴡᴀʀᴅ ɢᴏᴇs ᴛᴏ. . . ꒱

❝ WHO WANTS TO
HELP ME HIDE THE BODY?

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

To this day, Dany's dearest wish was to fly unhindered through the sky. For now, Drogon was the closest she would come to that dream— to hold herself aloft with wings (or, in this case, arms) spread and the wind in her hair. Of course, she loved feeling the warmth of her dragon's scales and his reassuring weight underneath her, but to fly on one's own was something else, she imagined, entirely.

Her mother's claims of her being more dragon than girl rang true especially in these moments where there was nothing between her and the clouds. There was no cold, no fear, no discomfort— only freedom. Even when she flew with her friends now, their loud bickering and senseless arguments couldn't take that away from her. In fact, they gave her something in return: the courage to do something that she'd never otherwise dared if she was flying alone.

Hiccup had been the one to encourage what he called "the trust fall," which was where the rider relied on their dragon to catch them before it was. . . well, too late. Not all of them were game for this (most notably Fishlegs), but Dany had been looking forward to trying it ever since he proposed the idea. While it was true that Drogon was not the fastest dragon, the bond between them was unmatched with any of the other riders; she was the only one who had known her dragon since birth. If the twins could coordinate their chaotic mess enough to save themselves from the fall, then surely Drogon could manage to catch her. So, even if her only form of solo flying was plummeting, she was willing to give it a try.

The Targaryen closed her eyes as she fell towards the ocean. Not out of fear, but to enjoy the rush of adrenaline that coursed through her at the thought of the water below. The wind whipped around her, tangling her hair into knots and flapping the skirt of her dress. She was weightless as she kept dropping down, down, down—

And then, just as she felt the coldness of the sea soak the ends of her hair, a sharp claw pinched at her ankle and then she being lifted up, up, up— back into the sky as Drogon huffed with the effort of keeping them airborne. He dropped her onto Toothless' back, where she settled herself behind Hiccup. (Because of his large size, Drogon could not glide underneath her to stop her fall, nor could he flip her onto his back once he'd caught her.) Her dragon looped around the riders in a graceful arc before he returned to his place in their usual flying arrangement.

The brunet turned around in his saddle to give her a pleased grin. "That was a close one— good job, Dany."

She felt her face warm a bit from the praise and focused her gaze on her fingers, which were fiddling with the ends of the fur on her vest. "Thanks, but Drogon's the one who should get the compliment. He's been getting better about his response time."

Now that she'd shown them how it was done, Hiccup indicated for Fishlegs to go next. "It's your turn. Jump."

"I don't wanna jump! I—"

"You have to believe she's gonna catch you. It's a trust exercise."

"I like to do my trusting on the ground, thank you very much."

Snotlout— ever ready to show off his "skills"— scoffed at the boy's trepidation. "Like this, chicken legs."

He let go of Hookfang's horns and allowed himself to fall toward the ocean. To no one's surprise, the Monstrous Nightmare continued to fly as if his rider was still on his back. It seemed as if he hadn't noticed Snotlout's disappearance at all. The twins exchanged a look. "So, should we mention something to Hookfang?"

𝐊𝐇𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐄𝐒𝐈 ━ how to train your dragon²On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara