34

ryan placed taehyung on his bed, going to the brunette's bathroom to get stuff to clean his face. he took taehyung's shirt off and put on a jumper. "why are you helping me" taehyung whispered, his eyes looking towards the floor. 

"cause your my friend taehyung and jungkook really cares about you. I care about you. your a great person and seeing you so broken hurts me" ryan confessed, using wipes to get the blood off taehyung's face. 

"how long has luke been bullying you?" ryan asked, sitting down next to taehyung. 

"two years now, I was invisible once upon a time. as soon as I became friends with jungkook the bullying became worse" taehyung whispered, feeling his heart clench at all those hurtful words that now stay in his mind every single day. 

"has he every touched you?" ryan asked

"he has tried to, he is physically hurt me but not sexually. whenever he tries I always kick and throw my hands everywhere cause then he leaves me alone" 

ryan shook his head looking to the other side of the room, he could not believe this was happening right under his nose and he did not pick up on anything. 

"what did he say to you?" taehyung told him everything, his tears appearing again to even say it allowed. 

"I will say this. jungkook tells me a lot, especially when he is interested in someone. he talks about you non stop, I see him always searching for you, asking people where you are. he is so happy around you tae. jungkook is the type of guy that creates his own opinions of people, hes smart and can see what people are trying to do when they say for example your using him for popularity"

"he knows you hate being centre of attention" ryan chuckled. 

"so none of that would add up. hes been trying to get amber off his back for ages, she hugs him and flirts with him. hes being polite, but once she oversteps that is when he will put her in her place. I will talk to coach about luke-" ryan started but taehyung shook his head.

"you cant" he whispered. 

"he will get kicked off the team and not receive a scholarship at the end of the year, his life would end. I cant be the reason someones life goes down hill" taehyung whispered. 

"even if he is the reason why your life is down hill?" ryan asked and taehyung nodded. the other side and turned more to face taehyung. 

"I cant keep this from jungkook, and when jungkook finds out he will kick luke off the team if you like it or not. he will be livid to find out what luke has been doing to you" 

"is luke the reason why you have never asked jungkook about what your relationship is?" ryan asked, putting two and two together. 

taehyung nodded. "I feel confident around jungkook, and have defined become more and more so as time has gone on. luke putting these things in my head lowers my confidence and it causes me to overthink" 

"I dont want jungkook to have to reassure me all the time, I dont want to go to him b-broken" taehyung whispered, trying to hold back his tears. ryan could see that taehyung needed to talk to someone about this, someone who is trained in this area. 

ryan wants nothing more than for taehyung and jungkook to work out. he thinks taehyung is the perfect person for jungkook. 

"I have to get going to work, I put my number in your phone. Im going to send you details about seeing a counsellor. I will book the appointment for your free period class since I know your already up to date" ryan said 

"i want you to go and talk to her about everything, all your thoughts and feeling. she can give you some tips and strategies to help you through this" 

"thank you ry" taehyung whispered, smiling when ryan pulled him into a hug. 

once they pulled away ryan stood up and grabbed his bag. "get some rest tae".

taehyung smiled and watched as ryan left. he let out a sigh and now started to feel bad for ignoring jungkook. this is what he meant by self sabotage, he was kicking himself for not talking to jungkook first about it, but then again he was only trying to protect himself from getting hurt.