BONUS VOL FOUR

════╡°˖✧✿✧˖°╞════
IRL
════╡°˖✧✿✧˖°╞════

2017:

Matt's heart races as Leanna is ushered into the room, presumably by Nick, and he fears he'll die of embarrassment. She looks puzzled, attempting to open the door, but it remains locked. Matt clears his throat, hoping to catch her attention.

"Oh, hi," she says, releasing the door handle and shifting her weight nervously.

His hands grow clammy at the thought of being alone with Leanna – the very same girl he had confessed having a crush on to Nick in confidence. If he ever gets out of this situation, he's going to kill his brother.

"Hey," he stammers, his voice cracking. "Did Nick trick you too?"

Tucking her hair behind her ear, Leanna nods, "Yeah, he said he wanted to show me something."

Leanna starts to approach Matt, and he struggles to stay calm despite his heart racing. She's stunning, and he feels like he might spontaneously combust. Her captivating green eyes lock with his, but before she can speak, Nick's notable voice interrupts from the other side of the door.

"For the love of God, just tell each other what I know you're dying to tell each other!" he yells.

Matt flushes, avoiding eye contact with Leanna. "I don't know what he's talking about," he chuckles nervously, trying to ease the tension.

Unseen by Matt, Leanna's expression falters slightly, distracted by ways to escape the room and confront Nick.

A hint of curiosity creeps into her voice, "Shouldn't you be with your date?"

Matt's head whips in her direction, surprised. "I don't have a date."

"Megan Gardner isn't your date?" Leanna asks, her voice straining slightly.

Confused, Matt shakes his head. Megan sits next to him in English, but they're not dating. He notices Leanna's faint frown and how her voice tightens when she mentions Megan's name.

Then it hits him.

Oh.

Oh.

"I do have something to tell you," he blurts out, worried that if he hesitates, the words won't come out at all.

Leanna looks at him expectantly, waiting for him to continue.

Summoning courage, he takes a deep breath. "I like you."

He glances away quickly, too nervous to gauge her reaction. There's a tense silence, and he's certain he's messed everything up. His stomach churns with anxiety. Why did he think this was a good idea? Maybe she was just asking casually and he misread her.

"I like you too," she responds breathlessly.

Now he's convinced he's lost his mind.

"You do?" he asks, his voice slightly high-pitched with surprise.

Leanna laughs lightly, her voice ethereal. "I have for a while."

With Leanna's heartfelt confession, a sense of relief washes over Matt. It's as if a weight has been lifted off his shoulders, and he can finally breathe freely. The nerves that once threatened to consume him now fade into the background, replaced by a newfound excitement and joy.

A shy smile tugs at the corners of Matt's lips as he glances back at Leanna, his heart soaring with happiness. He had never imagined that his feelings would be reciprocated, and yet, here they were – in a small room connecting in a way that felt both magical and real.