𝒂𝒓𝒄𝒂𝒅𝒊𝒂𝒕𝒂𝒍𝒆. || ❝ ruins ❞

disclaimer !!
this song is one of my favorites from the entire undertale musical ya'll cuz the LYRICS?? THE HARMONIES?? ONG.

disclaimer !!this song is one of my favorites from the entire undertale musical ya'll cuz the LYRICS?? THE HARMONIES?? ONG

━━━━━━━ •♬• ━━━━━━━

"Follow me, my children," Toriel said as she waved the eight kids lingering behind her over. "And stay close, alright? The ruins are full of traps and puzzles . . . and none of you are ready to face them yet."

Perking up, Toriel then turned to the group and smiled reassuringly. "But don't worry! I'll be here if anything happens!"

The youngest ones of the group all smiled back, attached to Toriel already, while the older ones only nodded slowly, still wary after Flowey's near fatal attempt on their lives.

Then, with everything that needed to be said made clear, the party went on to travel further into the ruins.

"This is how the story begins . . .

"Will these fallen children make us friends, or will they give in, kill us all?

"Who knows when any angels will fall?

"We want to fly . . ."

Stumbling upon a bridge of spikes, Toriel had the children all take hands with eachother to create a chain that she could safely lead over to the other side, not wanting to risk anything by simply making them memorize the correct route.

". . . Out from the ruins where we lie.

"But someday soon . . .

"We'll see the sky!"

The next puzzle had nearly given everyone a heart attack, seeing as how Izzy had just rushed in and ended up falling through the floor. This had led her to discovering the correct path to take to get to the next doorway, though, so you can imagine just how sorry she felt for being so confident in her 'gut feeling' the first time.

"I stay underground-"

"This is how the story begins . . ."

"-garbage all around . . ."

"Will these fallen children make us friends-"

"Cry and mope, oh wow . . ."

"-or will they give in, kill us all?"

"This is my life now."

"Who knows when any angels will fall?"

Next, the group were brought to a room of switches, which Toriel had marked before their arrival. With a kind smile, she instructed some of them to go pull the switches, and they easily did, wanting to move forward.

"We want to fly . . ."

"I spent all these years . . ."

"Out from the ruins where we lie."

"Just me and my tears."

"But someday soon . . ."

"My cousin is gone."

"We'll see the sky!"

"I'll lay in the lawn."

A few rooms later, the traveling party wound up having to negotiate with rocks. Rocks.

(Keil may or may not have had to pull Ally away from one of them after it got on her nerves with its attitude.)

"This is how the story begins . . ."

"Never seen the dawn . . ."

"Will these fallen children make us friends?"

". . . Pretty sure it's gone."

"Or will they give in, kill us all?"

"Cry and mope, oh wow."

"Who knows when any angels will fall?"

"This is my life now."

"We want to fly . . ."

"Screw up everything . . ."

"Out from the ruins where we lie."

"Barely can even sing . . .!"

"But someday soon . . .

"We'll see the sky!

"The morning sun will shine down from on high!

"And the stars above will shine down and show their love . . ."

Abruptly, the group came to a halt, earning an array of puzzles noises from those in the back until they saw just what - who was blocking their road.

"Love . . ."

(Ghosts can cry?)

* * * * *
CREDITS:
ya'll already know n i don't feel like adding all the tags rn B)