A Misty Memory

The days of Celestial Island's existence continued and continued. It felt like the same day everyday for Furnoss. However, much to the confusion of the two other Celestials, It swears to Vhamp and Galvana that It had never been to an Island Galvana had been talking about called Starhenge. Furnoss felt as if a huge part of It had long gone and that Starhenge was just something from Galvana's crazy dreams.

Only up until now did Furnoss find evidence of that past.

The same day. Furnoss thought to itself as Vhamp asked It to help It clean up a part of the Island that they reside on. The same day...

Furnoss's job was to break open chests that were sealed closed with Its drumsticks, easy as pie. Right? Well, usually, but Furnoss and Vhamp had found one that was nearly unopenable.

"C'mon! Use your back!" Vhamp encouraged Its Fire Celestial friend as It was trying to open it.

"Oh, Come on!" Furnoss yelled. "Atleast help!" Vhamp obliged and began to use Its head to help open the chest. It finally opened after Galvana came over, threw Its orb at it. and made the chest fall over, knocking it open. The children looked through the contents of the chest to see all kinds of gold and minerals inside.

Galvana and Vhamp excitingly examined the bits and pieces of the contents, aweing at the ancient beauty of them. However, Furnoss hesitated. It wasn't like It didn't want to check out and adore these treasures, It was because they reminded It of things that they never remembered; Those large amounts of gold reminded them of a swashbuckling, adventurous Monster who heart was as big as the sea, but nobody Furnoss knew, or atleast thought It never knew. Those jewels and crystals reminded Furnoss of a Monster that glistened in the dark and had other kinds of crystals that hit Its head, making a drum sound...

But the one that caught immediately caught Furnoss's eye was a gem among the other jewels. It sneakingly grabbed it to admire it. The gem was dark grey with red covering half of it, resembling something that had blood poured on it. It was shaped like a skull, one that one would say would resemble the skull part of a Boodoo's headdress. But that wasn't the thing that struck a cord with Furnoss. It was the ominous black glow that surrounded it, one like a Grumpyre's glow...

No.

Wait a minue.

Why does this remind Furnoss of...

"Hey, guys?" Furnoss asked the others in a paranoid voice.

"Yeah?" Vhamp said. At that moment, Furnoss was too shocked to say anything else. It only stared at the gem in Its hands. Vhamp and Galvana quickly noticed the gem and took it to examine it.

"I've never seen something like this before!" Vhamp said in wonder and slight fear as the gem glowed in Galvana's hands. Galvana noticed the holes in the gem that resembled eye holes and put it on Its finger.

"Hehehe! I got a skull on my finger!!" Galvana joked. Suddenly the rock cut its finger, as somewhat expected, and Galvana quickly tossed the gem back into the chest. "OW! That thing just cut me!"

"Guys," Furnoss said sternly at the younger children. "I think this gem could belong to someone."

"Like who? There's only you, me and Galvana." Vhamp said. Galvana nodded along, holding their cut finger.

"I think it could belong to someone... that was with us before," Furnoss said, to the shock of Vhamp and Galvana. "I don't know who, but I remember someone that could own this gem. It looks like something that could be added to a collection of theirs!"