Sin City wasn't made for you

During most of Summersong, Hoola had been staying at Seasonal Shanty not knowing Its holiday was here. This would be a mistake if it weren't for Hyehehe, Rare Tympa, and Rare Incisaur making and dropping their respective Island mixes.

Hoola mainly spent Its time there planning on the first ever Mindboggle, despite it being a month away. However, It still had the time to catch up on some mischief.

Hoola and Whiz-bang were on the top floor of the Seasonal Shanty light tower, having a simple conversation.

"So," Whiz-bang said. "How's it going with Viviene?"

Hoola blushed, "Oh, its just wonderful! I love being around her and hearing her infodump about her favorite critters!"

"That's so sweet!" Whiz-bang said. "I'm planning on asking somebody out."

"And who might this somebody be?" Hoola asked in a sarcastic way, winking.

"Oh, Its a surprise!" Whiz-bang answered. "But I am pretty confident right now. Call me Rizz-Bang, because I'm bouta rizz the heck outta that Monster!"

"Rizz-Bang?" Hoola laughed.

"Yeah!" Whiz-bang said. "Whiz-bang, Rizz-Bang, hey, it rhymes!"

"Okay, Rizz-Bang," Hoola said in a devious voice. "I'll bet you ten diamonds if you manage to rizz your crush!"

"Hmmm," Whiz-bang pondered. "Make it twenty-five diamonds, then I'll do it."

"Deal!" Hoola beamed. "Meet you at Clubbox, tomorrow! Remember, bring your boyfriend!

"It's on!" Whiz-bang shouted.

Grumpyre watched the fireworks go off while in bed and placed a pillow on top of Its head.

'Didn't Skypainting end already?' It thought to itself.

There was a knock at the door, "Great." Grumpyre tiredly got out of bed to answer the door and get it over with just so It can catch some sleep. The Monster at the door was Whiz-bang, holding a banquet of Flowahs.

"Hey, babygirl," Whiz-bang awkwardly and cringingly said, giving the Flowahs to Grumpyre.

"I'm a dude." Grumpyre said.

"I mean- uhhh" Whiz-bang floated by the door, looking down at the floor to think of something to say.

"Look, if you're here to waste my time, then just get out-"

"Heyareyouagroupoffireworks?" Whiz-bang said with an awkward smile.

...

"What?" Grumpyre asked.

"Are, are you a group of fireworks? Because, uh, I wanna light you up!"

Grumpyre stared at the Seasonal for a short amount of time.

"What, the fuck, is that supposed to mean?"

"I like you?"

Grumpyre blinked in surprise, hiding Its face when it began blushing. The two floated there in complete silence until a red hula hoop landed besides them. They both looked at it in confusion before realizing who's red hoop it was.

"Hoola!" Whiz-bang said, blushing profusely.

"Teehee!" Hoola said. "You got Hoola'd!"

"You said we'd meet tomorrow!"

"I did, but while I was talking to Rare Hoola, I overheard you say some kind of gibberish, and I just wanted to see what was going on!"

"Y'know what?" Grumpyre said. "We're just gonna ignore you! C'mon, Whiz."

"Wait," Whiz-bang said. "Are you-"

"Yes," Grumpyre said. "I'm letting you inside. Especially since those fireworks, and Hoola, are killing me."

"But you look fine?"

"It was a figure of speech, dumbie."

Grumpyre placed Whiz-bang on the couch, closed all the curtains, and sat on its rocking chair. The sounds of fireworks and the soft cotton texture of the couch eased Whiz-bang's anxiousness as they say quietly.

"So..."

"So what?"

"About what you just said-"

"IknowitsprettystupidIwasntpreparedatallIwasgonnaaskyounormallywhen-"

"Woah! Chill out!" Grumpyre flied over to Whiz-bang and sat on its right side as it grabbed its hand.

"Just tell me, normally."

"Well, I wasn't really prepared. I kinda had to rush everything to try and rizz you. Hoola said that since I called myself Rizz-Bang, I should go rizz you to prove a point."

"Well, it worked. Barely, but it worked."

"Wait, so does that mean..."

"Yeah, I like you too."

"Does that mean I have rizz?" It chuckled.

"No, but you're cute so imma give it a pass." Grumpyre kissed Whiz-bang on the cheek. "Now, imma go to bed."

"Okay, bye, Grumpy!"

"Bye, Whiz!"

"Love you!"

"Heh, love you too."

"Oh, by the way?"

"Yeah? What is it?"

"Do... You wanna go with me to the Summersong party at the Clubbox?"

"Sure, why not?"

"Great!" Whiz-bang glided over and gave Its new boyfriend a hug before leaving. "See you then!"

"Bye!"

Grumpyre glanced over at the Flowahs who began singing "Hooga Choo" the second Whiz-bang left. It grabbed the Flowahs and looked at them in confusion.

"Shut the fuck up." It said, quieting the Flowahs down, before putting it in a cup filled with water.