For The First Time

"So, you just spread it like this?" Laura asked while spreading the pie crust on the pan.

"Yeah!" Manatsu answered, opening the pie filling with a can opener. Laura watched as Manatsu poured the filling into the pan in awe before they layered it with another crust. Manatsu then used her brand-new brush to brush the pie with milk before Laura sprinkled it with sugar.

"Wow," Laura said. "This pie looks so good! And we didn't even put it in the oven yet!"

Manatsu chuckled, "That's the fun of baking, silly! You get to craft something from the ground up before you see the creation you've made!"

Laura carefully cutted slits on top of the crust before helping Manatsu put it in the oven.

"So, what do we do now?"

"I just need to set the timer to 40 minutes, and then we can just relax in my room!"

"That sounds nice."

The girls went into Manatsu's room and cuddled up on her bed as they watched a few episodes of that new romcom Sango had been talking about. After a while, the timer in the kitchen rang and Manatsu (with Laura on her back) dashed to see the finished product. The pie's crust was very brown, due to Manatsu forgetting to put tinfoil on the crust, but the pie was still very good.

"Y'know, I'm proud of you today!" Manatsu said.

"Thank you, Manatsu. You did fantastic as well." Laura kissed her girlfriend on the cheek before cutting the pie into four slices.

One for Laura, one for Manatsu, one for Kururun, and one for Manatsu's mother when she comes home from work.