CHAPTER IV

Y/N's Pov

Y/N : N-Nikki...? Please, you have to believe me! I'm not 'cheating', I was only asking her for help!

The boyfriend begged chasing his partner through the footbridge over a busy road, The girl stops.

Nikki : Y/N, Do you know what the brain does when it knows it's body is in an inescapable demise?

Y/N only thought of one thing if he ever heard Nikki asks a question that will imply something that is very similar to the answer will encompass him later on. Nonetheless, He tried to convince her that the latter was only for the betterment of their relationship, not for pleasure.

Nikki : Y/N, What is the answer?

Knowing all hope of convincing her will only hasten his approach to death's door. He let fate decide if he will survive Nikki's punishment today.

Y/N : ... I... I don't... Know...

He stared at his foot, anxiety looming over his shoulders. Something tells him, he might not survive today's punishment.

Nikki : Have you ever heard the phrase; " Life is flashing before your eyes "?

Y/N slightly nodded.

Nikki : In movies, whenever a character approaches their death. They often play earlier scenes of their lives before they perish. I have a theory for it actually, I like to think that it's the way of finding another chance of survival. Replaying all scenes of its life for a solution to an illogical question. The brain never gives up its life oblivious to the fact it's hopeless... Don't you think that's cute~? It's just like you~

Y/N : Nikki... P-Please... I...

Nikki approaches the boy. Scared, he steps back until his back touches the railings of the footbridge.

Nikki : It's useless. No matter how many times I punish you for your mishaps, you never learn.

Y/N : B-But I did this for us! Please give me a chance!

Nikki : Didn't I tell you when we started this. Consult me first if you're going to talk to other girls?

Now only inches away from the boy, she leaned closer to his face.

Nikki : I will know everything that you do, even if you hide it and bribe others to not sing. I will know as if I'm there...

Y/N : I'm... Sorry... *thud*

Nikki pushes him off the railings of the footbridge. In the boy's descent into his death, he watches her lifeless eye staring at him from above. No mercy was shown, he might not be lucky this time. He closed his eyes waiting for his back to collide with the pavement from below. With the height of the footbridge, His spine will surely be broken and will paralyze his whole body. Pain will unfurl all over his body, Then a speeding convertible will run over his limp body ending all his misery...

*thunk*

His back collided with the floor. But the texture wasn't rough like a road, it was smooth like polished metal. And the drop he felt wasn't as painful as he expected. He slowly opened his eyes just to see Nikki on the footbridge he was in before now meters away and getting farther. He was on top of a truck, he thought to himself; ' Was she just giving me a scare? '. If it is, she succeeded. His phone rang in his pocket. It was her.