Chapter 1: How it All Started

Don't ask me why, but for the longest time I've had a thing for Reggie Mantle. Honestly, I guess it's just something about those brooding dominant eyes, or maybe his absolutely perfect facial structure with that sharp jawline and those immaculately angled cheekbones paired with his flawless lips. His broad, muscular shoulders really aren't doing me any favors, either. 

Don't get me wrong-- he's a hottie-- but he's the biggest jerk AND player probably in the entire world. He's also a drug dealer. Well, at least he used to be, but I'm not sure anymore. 

I kept telling myself that he's not that bad, then I told myself that he really is that bad just so I would get over him. A week after I really had no feelings left for that scumbag, THIS happened... 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Y/L/N, just because you're on the track team doesn't  mean that you can keep flunking P.E.! You have to be able to do other physical activities as well! This includes participating in flexibility exercises, pull-ups, and other such arm strengthening workouts. You can't continue to tell your P.E. teacher that you 'don't need to do any arm strengthening' because you're a runner. You are required to be tested on these exercises, and quite frankly, you're not testing very well in them," my coach began telling me. 

"But-" I interrupted. 

"No. Buts. Now, as I was saying, your P.E. teacher and I have come up with a solution. The captain of our football team has gotten into some trouble dealing drugs lately, and he needs a way to fulfill his community service hours. Since you need training in arm strengthening, we're having him train you." 

A sinking feeling settled in my stomach. There's only one guy we could count on to sell drugs as captain of the football team. 

"Mr. Mantle, you may come in now," Coach Mendez spoke to the door. 

Reggie walked into the office and stared at me from the moment he entered to the moment he left with that infuriating flirty look he gave every girl within a 30 mile radius of him. 

I ground my teeth together as I scoffed, "This is ridiculous! I don't need HIM-" 

"Miss Y/L/N, show some respect. Mr. Mantle is going to train you for a month-" 

Reggie smirked, and I yelled, "NO! I will NOT let this sexist, immoral PIG train me-" 

"ENOUGH!" Coach Mendez barked. "Miss Y/L/N, you WILL be a part of this unless you wish to be suspended from the track team. Are we understood?" 

I gritted my teeth. "Yes, sir." 

Coach Mendez eyed us both, saying, "Get to know each other. Start making progress. You will both be training AFTER school hours, so make your arrangements." 

He turned to leave, took a few steps, then seemed to remember something. "Oh, and play nice you two," and he walked out of his office. 

Reggie sauntered over to me with that outrageous little grin of his. "So, princess," he said throatily, "why don't you give me your number and we can get things set up." 

I licked my lips, menacingly looked him up and down, and spat, "In. Your. Dreams. Mantle." 

I strut out the door with Reggie yelling over my shoulder, "YOUR LOSS, PRINCESS!" 

I rolled my eyes and went home.