Chapter 4: The Best Hangover Ever

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up in bed and checked the clock to see that it was already 8:15 P.M. Was I really out that long? I tried to sit up, but I had a pounding headache. It felt like there was something in my head with a hammer trying to escape. 

I looked around the room and noticed that it was nearly pitch black, the only source of light was a nightlight next to the night stand. Wait. Night stand? I don't have a nightstand! I thought. What the heck had happened earlier? I didn't remember anything from today. 

I groaned just as a figure walked into the room and sat on the bed, handing me a cup. "Drink this." There was a pause before he chided softly, "I told you that Maple Syrup is dangerous if you've never had any drugs in you before." 

I drank the liquid from the cup and almost spat it out. "Ugh, what is this stuff?" 

Reggie shrugged. "I don't really know. To be honest with you. I just kinda... threw some stuff together. It's the stuff that usually helps me when I have a hangover, but since yours is probably like, really bad, I combined ALL of the stuff I use! Genius, right?!" 

I looked into the cup with concern and slowly set it down on the night stand.  

"How did I even get here? Where am I? What happened? I think I might've missed track practice and-" 

Then it all came flooding back to me. Oh. My. Goodness. Gracious. 

I sat upright in a split second, doing my best to ignore the dizziness and the head rush that followed. I balanced myself as I looked Reggie in the eye and sincerely said with a pleading voice, "Reggie, I don't remember everything, but I am so, so, SO sorry! I can't believe I threw up and cried all over you!" I wanted to sink into the floor and die. 

He cocked his head at me, an amused look twinkling in his eyes. "That's not the worst thing you did to me." 

My eyes widened as I cautiously asked, "What else did I do?" 

He looked at me seriously and told me, "You tried to take my clothes off and climbed into my lap like a stripper."  

I smacked my hand to my mouth, then buried my face in my hands. I swear I thought I was going to pass out from embarrassment. "Kill me now. Please. I don't know why I would-" 

"Nah, I'm just messin' around. You will do that one day though," he added with his infamous smirk. 

I leaned over and smacked his arm. "Reggie!" Then I almost fell over from another round of dizziness, most likely provoked by my sudden rush of emotion. I placed my palm on my temple, and he firmly placed his hand on the small of my back to steady me.  

Suddenly, out of nowhere, I remembered him saying that he wanted me, and I became all too aware of the fact that he was touching me. 

I angled my head slightly towards his face and saw him staring right back at me. I broke eye contact and swallowed dramatically, biting my lower lip afterwards. Then we locked eyes again.  

His eyes darted to my throat, slowly climbing his line of gaze up towards my lips. They lingered there for a few seconds before he gave me a lustful look. 

I was ashamed of the way I knew I was letting him look at me. Ashamed of the way I was looking back at him, equal lust in my eyes. Ashamed of the thoughts invading my head about the things I wanted to do to him. Of what I wanted him to do to me. 

I knew by the tightening of his grip on my back that he could tell I wanted him And he wanted me too. 

So much for being over this stupid idiot, I thought. 

He slid his hand from my back to my waist, sending butterflies angrily dancing around in my stomach. 

I inhaled sharply and crossed my legs, looking away from Reggie. My back was straight, and my cheeks were flushed. 

My headache began to subside. From the weird concoction he'd given me earlier or the adrenaline rush I was getting in the moment, I didn't know. 

Reggie pointed his head down so his eyes were looking up at mine, and he licked his lips. He put his hand on top of my knee and uncrossed my legs. 

My eyes momentarily widened a little at the motion, and we just searched each others face for a few seconds. 

"Well-" I began quietly. 

I was interrupted by Reggie gripping my waist from both sides, lifting me onto his lap, so I was straddling him. 

He kissed me roughly on the lips, and I kissed back just as hard, fighting for dominance. I was gripping his shoulder with one hand and tracing the outline of his abs under his shirt with the other. 

I dipped my hand below his waistband just to see what he would do, and a small moan left his mouth. 

I peeled his shirt off, and immediately after, he ripped mine in half, tossing the pieces aside. 

"Reggie! I loved that shirt!" 

He kissed down my neck and worked his way back up before mumbling to me, "You can take one of mine," while looking me sweetly in the eye. 

He waited a second, moving his hand to my back, and I shoved him roughly onto the bed so I was on top of him. He flipped me over so that HE would be on top, and I was lying flat on my back.

He worked my chest, making his way down to my stomach while I ran my hands through his silky hair. 

I wrapped my legs around his torso, pressing into him more, when there was a knock. 

We looked at each other, eyes wide, and I pulled Reggie right onto my chest, so he would cover me. 

I could feel him suck in a breath from the contact, and he sat up a little straighter, but then the person outside the door walked in and began speaking. 

"Reg, you left your gear-" then saw us. "Okayyyy, now is obviously a bad time," the person continued. 

I peeked over Reggie's shoulder to see who'd interrupted us, and saw Archie Andrews gaping in the doorway, looking everywhere except us. 

He dropped Reggie's football gear on the ground, then bolted out of there faster than when he was chasing the black hood.