2: Moved on?..

~Months later..~

Xingqiu isn't doing well with his depression which took over him after Mina left. Meanwhile, she was living with her best friend and it was amazing.

One day, Mina decides to go to the bank and she runs into none other than.. Xingqiu.

Xingqiu seems to have changed a lot in these past months. He appears to be visibly thinner, with dark circles under his eyes, as if he hadn't slept well in weeks. His clothes appear to be less elegant and in worse shape, and he seems to be a lot less talkative than before. Despite the depressing atmosphere surrounding him, he seems to notice her as soon as she came into the bank, then he stares at her for a few seconds, trying to decide whether to make a move to approach her or not.

"Thank you." Mina say to the man who handed her her money. She walks out, counting the money as she walks.

Xingqiu watches her from a distance, then slowly catches up to her. "Hey, you're going in that direction too? Mind if I walk in your direction?" He smiles at her gently, but the depression in his eyes is still very noticeable, as if some sort of sadness was always lingering nearby, never letting him have his full, joyful happiness back.

Mina looks up in surprise.

"Xingqiu?"

"You remember me?" He raises an eyebrow in slight surprise as he speaks, his tone not as excited and optimistic as before. Yet, he still shows a glimpse of a genuine smile when she shows that she remembers him. "Wow, people rarely remember me... Especially after all these months..."

"Its only been months not years.."

Mina's face falls as memories come back to her.. The big argument that resulted in her leaving... The very toxic relationship she was stuck in.. "I'm sorry, I have to... go.." She walks away from him and her pace picks up.

"Hey, wait! Where are you going? What about me? I wanted to give this one last chance! Don't just leave like that, I love you! Just stay and listen to me for a minute, that's all I'm asking! What do I have to do for you to let me talk with you? Don't keep doing this to me, I beg you...!" He starts to walk faster as Mina tries to leave. He seems to be running out of hope for a relationship with her, but he doesn't want to give it up just yet.

"Xingqiu, please! Just leave me be. I have eyes for someone else."

"What?! Are you implying that I've wasted my time and love on a person that doesn't even care about me?! But I gave you my everything! I've spent so much time giving you my attention... I-I've changed so much for you! How am I supposed to just move on when everything about me has been influenced by you?!" His lips form a small frown, as he takes a step closer to Mina and puts his hands on her shoulders to stop her from walking away.

"My heart is set on someone else. I'm sorry, but you are no interest to me."

"Why? Why, why, why?! After everything we've seen through, after everything I said, did you really think this would be easy for me to bear?" A small hint of desperation can be heard on his voice, as he starts to get more insistent.

"Please! At least talk to me, just once. This isn't who you are! This isn't the person I love! Don't treat me like a complete stranger, don't you remember the beautiful times we had together?"

"No. There aren't any "beautiful" times. It was all forced. I don't want a relationship like that."

"I can't believe it... After so many good moments, you're gonna throw them all away like they meant nothing? What about all the things I did for you? All my affection, my attention, all my dedication and love. Don't you remember how much we cared for each other? Didn't you appreciate it? Didn't you love me back?" His voice sounds confused and sad, as if he wasn't fully grasping the idea that she truly never cared about him.