4: What Happened?!

~Months later..~

At first, the relationship was well and healthy, but then, Alhaitham started changing once he saw how much Mina was talking to Xingqiu. He became abusive: hitting her, yelling at her, etc. Everytime Xingqiu called, she had to go hide and tell Xingqiu everything was okay, even though he could tell SOMETHING was wrong. One day, she couldn't take it anymore and she broke up with Alhaitham. Before this, he had been punching her face and hitting her. Mina managed to run away and she went to the first person she could think of: Xingqiu. (I'm so sorry for making Alhaitham abusive- CHECK COMMENTS ON THIS PARAGRAPH)

In 20 minutes, she was at his door, knocking violently and silently crying.

"Huh? What? Who... Who is it?" Xingqiu seemed surprised and a bit anxious when he heard the violent knocking at his door. He was busy on his computer, studying for the finals, when he hears someone knocking on his door like a madman. He rushes towards the door and opens it at a fast pace, not to let whoever was at his door have to wait too long. He seems surprised to see her, as he didn't expect her to visit him at this time of the day. He takes a moment to recognize Mina, but he quickly remembers.

Mina looked terrible. Well, her clothes were decent, but as for her face.. She had a black eye and blood running down the side of her face from when Alhaitham had hit her. Her hand was up to her mouth, covering her torn lip. Once he opened the door, she threw herself into Xingqiu's arms and started sobbing uncontrollably.

The sight of seeing her, in the state that she is in at the moment, made him feel his heart breaking in two. But his concern and his desire to help her seemed to override every other feeling, as he quickly hugs her and speaks with a worried tone of voice. "Hey... Hey, hey, it's okay... I'm here... I'd... I'm here with you now.." He holds her as she hugs him, trying his best to comfort her and stop her from crying.

"I'm sorry for leaving!! I- hic shouldn't have done it!!.." At this point, she was shaking from fear and by the sobs.

"It's alright... It's not your fault..." He still holds her and tries to help her stop your crying by giving her some more hugs, as he speaks in a comforting tone of voice. "You shouldn't blame yourself... You really don't have to be afraid..." He speaks in a reassuring voice, as it's the least he can do to try and calm Mina down.

Mina coughs and her sobs become more uncontrollable.

The fact that her sobs are becoming more uncontrollable and that she's coughing as well makes him anxious. He quickly picks her up to avoid her falling to the ground, as he holds her tight so that she doesn't have to stand up anymore. "It's alright... Here... You can let it all out... Cry as much as you need..." He still holds her and speaks in the same comforting voice, as he's doing his best to keep Mina calm.

Mina wrap my arms around his neck and my legs around his waist. She buries her face in his shoulder as she continues to sob. She suddenly feels close to Xingqiu..

He is surprised when she suddenly wraps her arms and legs around him, as he still looks confused from the shock. But his surprise doesn't seem to last very long, as his face turns more serious now. Even though Mina is crying right now, he's still glad that he gets to spend some time with her again, after so long.. "Shh... It's okay. I'm here... You don't have to be afraid anymore." (I'm not crying YOU'RE crying!)

It seems that Mina is going for a more than friendly gesture by wrapping her arms around his neck and your legs around his waist like this. But that doesn't seem to bother Xingqiu, as he simply keeps holding her and letting her cry her tears onto his back. "That's it... Let it all out... Don't hold back anymore..."