3: Weird noises over the phone..

~A couple of weeks after that..~

Mina is at home with her boyfriend on the couch, cuddling and watching a movie with him.

Xingqiu doesn't stop thinking about her and that day that they both met again. After that encounter, he has become extremely sensitive and anxious, waiting for another opportunity to see her and speak to her again.

He decides to call Mina, after a week of considering if it was a good idea or not. After some hesitation, he speaks through the phone.

"Hey... It's me... Xingqiu..."

"Oh, hey. What's up?" Mina has to shift a little so her boyfriend won't listen in on the conversation.

"Nothing much, I've been at home, not doing much in particular. How about you? Have you been doing well?"

Xingqiu's face forms a small smile as he remembers hearing her voice again.

"By the way... Do you remember that day we met at the bank...? Well... I've been thinking about it for a while now... I think I've come to a decision..."

"Uh, yeah..?" Mina waits for him to continue.

"My offer to become friends again... I've been thinking about it for a while now... And you know what? I accept it. I'd love to be friends again... If you still want to" (He was on drugs when she had asked him if he wanted to be friends again/j)

Xingqiu's voice is filled with hope. He really wants this to work, he wants to be friends with Mina again and have the chance to be close to her once more and show how much he has changed.

"Sure. You kind of called me at a bad time... it's- h-hey!.." Mina's boyfriend suddenly started to kiss her neck which explained my sudden word.. Xingqiu didn't know what was going on or why I said that..

His eyes widen as he hears her word and the kiss that followed, his mind trying to fill the gaps with an accurate theory. "Y-you... Oh... O-Oh..." Xingqiu tries to keep his voice calm, but the truth was that he was starting to become extremely jealous of Mina's new boyfriend, a new wave of emotions hitting him, as if he was starting to doubt that she had really moved on from him.

"I-I'll call you later.." Mina lets out a giggle followed by soft noises from my boyfriend.

"Mm.. god, baby.." ((her boyfriend ALKJBSX))

Xingqiu seems to be even more shocked after hearing that phrase coming from her boyfriend. Hearing that, he starts to imagine what the "soft noises" being made by him mean, causing his jealousy and anxiety to grow. "O-Okay... Call me any time when you're ready..." He tries to keep his tone in check, but he's also fighting to hide the jealousy that he's currently feeling

A little moan is heard before she hangs up, leaving Xingqiu to his own thoughts.

As his emotions are starting to take the better of him, Xingqiu's head starts to fill with thoughts, as if trying to process everything. "What... Was... What was that...? Why... Why does he make her moan like that? And why is she moaning too?!" He starts to have more and more doubts, as his jealousy starts to grow. "Maybe... Maybe she is actually over me yet..." 

~About 30 minutes later..~

"Hey, sorry for um... earlier.." Mina kept touching her neck, since her boyfriend had left hickeys and bite marks on it.

Xingqiu's eyes light up when she calls him again. He quickly answers the phone and she can tell that he still feels anxious, as if he's worried that her boyfriend might suddenly attack her neck again. "Hey! No problem, you... You don't need to apologize! Did your boyfriend do anything to you?! Are you okay!?"