THIRTY EIGHT

Saturday Night had arrived.

It was approaching half past midnight, and they'd finished watching a movie together.

Pops, Dory, and Jose had gone to bed an hour ago, and Fur Ass and Max were having a sleepover at George's.

It was just the two of them, together, enjoying the first night of Summer Vacation alone.

Mateo had brought some alcohol, pizzas, KFC, and some warm taquitos, along with cake, and Ricky had made some snacks too. There was a mess of plates and wrappers left on the table, but they didn't care.

They also shared a blunt together, and drank some alcohol to help get them into 'the mood'. It was a special strain of "energizing" sativa weed that Tito had gotten them.

Music was playing on the boombox, and there was now another movie running in the background–either La Bamba or Fame–Ricky didn't care, because he let Mateo pick it, even though he wasn't focusing on it either. It was just background noise to them.

Mateo was sipping on some more beer, and now, he was tipsy and becoming strung out to the beat of the music. A Depeche Mode was turning into some strange European synthpop song that sounded like a remix of a new wave song that he'd heard before.

It was strange, alien, and very sensually enticing. The bassline was penetrating through his veins, and the synths were pricking adrenaline shocks up his spine. The drums were hammering through the beautiful composition, powerfully.

Ricky was a bit wobbly, but standing up in the corner of the room, smacking the punch bag he'd installed himself until he'd finally tired out enough to start drinking the tequila-beer-lime-mix cocktail he'd made up for them both.

He started to chug it down, and then sat the jug down on the floor, before sitting down beside Mateo, who was too into the groove to notice his presence.

Ricky smiled and leaned into him:

"Hey," Ricky whispered to Mateo. "Sup?"

Mateo's eyes were closed; he was nodding his head and tapping his feet to the beat. Ricky started to hum along, and sing to the beat, slightly out of tune. He got louder with each passing second, until Mateo finally tuned out, before asking him. "Yes?"

"Aight, you good?" Ricky asked. "Are you glad to finally be off school?"

Mateo nodded. "Definitely, Mr. Wooden Soul."

Ricky glared at him, before laughing. "Why are you calling me that now?"

Mateo winked back. "I'm just playing."

"Are ya now?"

Mateo giggled nervously. "Maybe."

"Wanna play a game?"

"Sure."

Mateo's heart started to beat faster, the closer Ricky got to his ear. His breathing became strained when Ricky's breath touched it. "Are you sure?"

"Y-yes," Mateo said back. He could feel sweat droplets running down the back of his head. His hands were becoming clammy, and he felt his cheeks warm up. He was also beginning to feel slightly aroused. "Please."

Ricky's heart started to beat quicker, too. He was starting to sweat, and his head was beating hard. He started to feel an urge coming on and his throat was drying up. He paused for a moment. "Carnal... I have something to confess."

Mateo nodded slowly. "Go on..."

Ricky pulled himself back from Mateo and took off his vest top, which was becoming wet. He wiped his body with the towel he'd kept down there for training.