Spider: Growing Up

I love spider I don't want to here any other opinions 😤

———

Spider and Kat had grown up together. Their mothers had been best friends and unfortunately had the same fate. Dying before getting to meet their babies.

This mean the two kids has a special connection growing up together; getting to experience some of the biggest milestones together.

Flashback
(10 years old)

"KAT COME HANG OUT WITH THE SULLYS WITH ME. NORM WONT LET ME GO ALONE" 10 year old spider yelled through the corridor, "no way, I could die going out in that rainforest!" Kat protested. "Fine be lame and stay here reading dumb books" Spider sulked.

Kat had always been introverted and was shy, especially around the Sully family. They rarely saw her, only from time to time in the lab.

(12 years old)

Kat had started to come out of her shell a bit, often going for walks through the rainforest with Spider. Even becoming good friends with the Sully kids.

"Hey let's go for a swim in the lake!", spider said one day as they were exploring. "Yeah I guess", Kat said hesitantly, knowing she wasn't the most proficient swimmer. They slowly swam through the bioluminescent lake. "Hey this is actually really fun" kat said. "See I told you. We would have been having this much fun all along if you weren't such a scaredy...Kat", he joked. After a while a sudden high pitched shriek was heard by Spider; he turned around and saw Kat floating in a growing pool of red. "WHAT DID YOU DO" he screamed. "I HAVE NO IDEA" she started freaking out and spider swam over to her to try and pull her to the edge.

Let's just say that day was an awkward conversation with both kids and Norm.

(15 years old)
Today was the day that Kat and Spider got to have their first "vacation". Jake had invited them to go to the hallelujah mountains with them.

As they were packing, spider asked "is that what your packing? Long pants and shirts? Your going to be so uncomfortable", he shook his head. "Just because I don't walk around half naked doesn't mean I'm uncomfortable" she scoffed. "All I'm saying is maybe you should adapt to the Navi culture more".

*In my head

*In my head

After they had journeyed to the mountains, they set up camp. "Hey Kirk, this is a weird request, but do you think you could help me find something a bit more...culturally fitting? I'm starting to feel out place" she said a little embarrassed. Kiri was absolutely thrilled at this request and proceeded to give her a 'makeover'. "TADA".

 "TADA"

*think coconut girl vibes

"I didn't realise how long your hair was" Kiri stated. "Yeah me neither to be honest". The girls made their way to the rest of the family and to say spider was shocked would be and understatement. "Kat... uh you look so... different", "Bad different?" She said a little insecurely. "NO, definitely not".

It was at this moment spider had his sexual awakening...

———

From this time onwards spider had seen Kat in a different light. He also realised a few things:
1. Kat did a great job growing up... if you know what I mean
2. She was incredibly beautiful
3. They were the only two teenagers on the planet

This meant he wanted to be with her and he needed to tell her this.

Ahhh growing pains.

- A.R.G.