5

"I'm going to be taking the chunin exam."

Kana stared at the ravenette for a couple seconds before nodding, she didn't have to take a wild guess to figure out what Chunin exam was, it was pretty obvious. 

Chunin. Exam. So basically an exam to become Chunin, probably. 

Kana, although only 2 years old.. she is extremely smart. 

She had just started to read book a few months ago and she already knew so much. 

The history of Konoha, for example.

Fortunately, she still hadn't come across the book regarding the Uchiha massacre. 

Sasuke could only sigh, 

He'd been going through each book before handing it to her, he cannot have her finding out anything just yet. 

He placed his hand on top of her head, making the girl lift her eyes and stare upwards with a small 'o' forming on her lips. 

He ran his fingers through her soft baby hair, 

"You won't be seeing me for a while, Kana. I'll have to train a lot.. so behave properly will you?" 

Kana gave him a small smile, 

"O-ok! good luck." 

Sasuke smiled. 

-----------------------------------------------------

A lot happened during the Chunin exams, 

Sasuke felt sick to his stomach just thinking about it, 

He sat under a tree, still in his pjs and stared ahead, thinking over everything that had happened. 

He felt ashamed and jealous as his teammate, Uzumaki Naruto grew stronger than him. 

He scoffed and angrily clenched his fist when he recalled the blond Uzumaki fearlessly jumping into a battle with Orochimaru, while he stood frozen at the sight of his KI, drenched in sweat and frozen with fear.

Sasuke was getting more and more frustrated, angry and anxious.

He wasn't getting anywhere, nothing was going as they were suppose to.

Naruto was able to resist his KI and he even managed to escape after a huge ass snake gobbled him down its throat, while all he could do was stab himself and run away in fear, he hadn't changed a bit had he?

His chest ached witha sharp pain, harsh reminders of his childhood,

Come to think of it, he always ran away.. didn't he? Never omce did he face a situation. Always running like a coward.

'You're not hurt are you? scardy cat!'

He gritted his teeth, his glares burning holes through the ground, as his hands balled into tight fists.

It wasn't enough, he wasn't enough,
he managed to gather himself a put on a decent fight, but it wasn't enough.. he was still too weak.

And now he's stuck with a curse mark on his neck, only doing nothing but adding salt to his open wounds.

Although he didn't mind it half as much as he thought he would, Orochimaru requested him to find him if he seeked for power. 

After feeling the power of this curse mark course through his body, he felt unstoppable, it felt right. Sasuke was getting more and more temped to give in to the phycopathic scientists request.