Chapter 5

(Short chapter )
It was the next day and I was being driven to the building I was at the day before. There wasn't any other kids there I thought that was strange until I noticed I was an hour early so my human mother could get to work on time. As I walk to the doors I was told to go in when school started I noticed it had a trash can holding it open and a piece of paper taped to the window of the door saying breakfast program. I didn't know what that meant so I went inside. I went through the door and a small hallway with shelves for shoes then there were two ways for me to go. The left was blocked of my closed doors but the gym wasn't

I walk into the gym to see benches placed in a way that were clearly meant to be a barrier to where we could sit. It was in a small semicircle at the wall by using 5 benches. At the wall there was a window but it didn't have any glass, but it did have a counter top. And I saw a woman through it. She looked to be about 60 but she barely had any wrinkles like the old humans from the experiments . She looked kind and really non-threatening. I walk up to the window and see greets me kindly. By the set up of the place she must feed the young humans in the morning. Considering my camouflage dress have to play along. I oder some toast and milk and sit at one of the benches displayed around the window. I take the big bag on my back filled with things my human mother told me I would need. Humans call this a backpack. I unzip the strange fabric enclosure and find paper,pencils, Erasers, Drawing books, duotangs , etc . I pull the drawing book and a pencil from the fabric bag but stare at the page as if it were going to attack me. I place the pencil led down on the paper and try to accomplish basic human writing. I draw a circle,square.triangle and other human shapes before I get onto the letters and words. The words and letters were difficult but I managed to understand them quickly. As time went on I hadn't realized other young humans of different heights started to arrive as the time got nearer and nearer to being the school day. I had a lot to learn about humans in a short period of time. I had joined about early to mid way through the first semester so I missed a lot and I knew almost nothing . After 8:10 Katie had shown up and I was relieved to see her.

She sat down next to me and we talked about our new human lives until the bell rang. Everyone was rushing in through the doors like a human tsunami as they fished for their lockers to put away unnecessary stuff and get to their classes. They had day ones and day twos. Today we had gym first class and I was not excited, especially when I have no idea what to expect. I stay in the gym where the breakfast program was held as other teen aged humans made their way in. They called this class 8B . The gym teacher introduced himself to us as Mr.Puzey and told us a little bit about the class and about the location of our next class with Mr. Lionhardt in Math. We had to do a warm up before the actual class started and we could either dribble a basketball, play with a volleyball or with badminton. I have a passion for badminton so I grabbed the badminton racket and a birdie and hit it vertical to play with it by myself and without any of the other children in that class. About a minute in I saw the humans I met the day prior. Hadley and Sierra came in first then Dawn shortly after. Dawn put their stuff by ours on the bench and Hadley and Sierra went into the changing room coming out a minute later to meet up with us. We were called to play baseball outside for the duration of the class and had to carry some of the equipment. They didn't have the proper field but they had the cage net at the back of the home base to that must've been all they needed. As we set up we got separated into two teams. One in the field and the other running the bases. The fielder's got gloves and the runners shared a bat to use when it was their turn. The bases were placed in the diamond shape and the game began.