1v1 battles

"Now that each of you have your Pokémon, you must learn to battle with them. You will be doing 1v1 battles. If you win, you will move on to a secondary round. The winners of the second round will get to do something "fun" after your hero training tomorrow. Now that you know the rules, draw lots for battles. Oh, and Bakugo and Midoriya, you guys can only use one Pokémon".

Izuku Vs. Momo
Bakugo Vs. Tenya
Ochaco Vs. Sero
Mina Vs. Ojiro
Shinso Vs. Tsuyu
Kirishima Vs. Toru
Sato Vs. Denki
Tokoyami Vs. Jiro
Todoroki Vs. Ayoama
Koda Vs. Shoji
Kendo Vs. Setsuna
Kodai Vs. Ibara
Pony Vs. Kinoko
Monoma Vs. Reiko
Mirio Vs. Mei
Amajiki Vs. Nejire

That is the order of the battles, randomly selected through picking pieces out of a box.

Fight #1: Izuku vs. Momo

The students were moved to a battle arena. Most of them were sitting in the stands. On the field, however, were Momo and Izuku. Izuku had a hard time choosing between his two Pokémon. It was a tough decision, but eventually he decided.

"Go Fennekin"

"I choose you, Squirtle".

"I'm sorry Midoriya, but I'll end this quickly. Ember"

Fennekin then opened its mouth and fire shot out.

"Dodge it and use water gun"

Squirtle jumped up and sprayed water, hitting the Fennekin, damaging it.

"Fennekin, are you okay?" Fennekin nods its head. "Rush in and use scratch".

Squirtle, only just landing from its previous attack, was shocked as the Fennekin was already upon it. The Fennekin got 2 scratches off before Izuku yelled to use tackle. Bashing into it, Squirtle faints Fennekin.

"I lost..."

"Cheer up, it was a good battle, I had fun, didn't you?"

Looking up, Momo smiles, happy again, "Yeah, I did have fun".

Fight #2: Bakugo Vs. Iida

"Charmander, let's destroy"

"Sprigatito, go now"

"Start rushing at the Sprigatito and let out an endless torrent of embers"

"Sprigatito, dodge them and use leafage"

Charmander jumps it and continues to rush Sprigatito. "Use Scratch".

Scratching the Sprigatito with surprising strength, Sprigatito faints.

"Suck it 4 eyes".

"I lost. It is shameful, but that proves that I still must improve".

Fight #3: Ochaco Vs. Sero

"Piplup, let's do this, growl"

"Torchic, let's win, ember"

The ember hits Piplup squarely in the body. The Piplup didn't seem to take much damage though.

"Piplup rush in and use pound".