Prologue

Here in Pluto, dragons are like humans, at the top of the food chain and ruling the world. Also similar to humans, they never were truly at peace with each other. Always fighting in grand battles and arguing that their laws were not fair compared to another dragon tribe. As you would expect, some tribes were gentler and kinder than others, who were violent and cruel.

A long, long time ago, the 6 tribes ruled Pluto peacefully, but when a tribe came from an unknown place, chaos struck! Dark dragons! Dark dragons were dragons that were pitch black in colour, on the inside, and outside. They were there for war. 

The queens of the 6 other tribes (The sun, light, moon, star, rose, and nature dragons queens) made a plan to stop them, but while they were creating that plan away from the rest of the world, the dark dragons infiltrated Pluto and killed many dragons. Mothers. Fathers. Guardians. Grandparents. Dragonets. 

No one knew how to stop them! But the 6 dragon queens needed to do something. They knew it was their fault for the dark dragons killing all those dragons, and they did that because they were busy creating their plan.

They then put their plan to work. The other 6 queens used their powers and put their plan into action that day. The light dragon queen used her light powers and split Pluto, making the dark dragons their own island. Dark Island is its name. 

From then on, no one knew anything about the dark dragons except that they were cruel, evil, mysterious, and the most feared tribe on Pluto. No one speaks their name.

Coco. A nature dragon. Kind, always nervous, and brave. Coco was someone that everyone thought was always sad. And that was the truth. But she was happy around other dragons. But other dragons avoided her as they thought her sadness was contagious.

Nighthunter was a dark dragon. He had a different heart to all the rest of his tribe. He tried to be kind to the rest of the dark dragons, but they didn't approve of his kindness! He got kicked off the island! He had nowhere else to go so he traveled the continent of Pluto. After a long flight and 12 different types of berries, he arrived at Pluto. Nighthunter did not know what lied in store for him, but he knew it had to be better than Dark Island. Nighthunter was bullied at Dark Island because he thought everyone had problems, and everyone should be respected. His favorite quote was 'be kind, for everyone is fighting a hard battle'. But every other dark dragon thought he was just seeking attention.

At Pluto, the first place he saw was the rose dragon's kingdom and nature dragon forest. He saw lots of trees and flowers that he had never seen before, including even more types of berries, and roses with colors like magenta, light pink and red. The only roses he had seen at Dark Island were black, burnt, or dead. There were vines and creepers crawling all over the town. The dragons were all settled in all different caves, with nature flowing out of each one.

Nighthunter could smell pollen, hear the wings of birds, and taste the fresh, new air. Pluto was so different to Dark Island! On Dark Island, all the flowers were all dead, it would be a miracle if you saw a bird, and the air was polluted and gross. He decided to take shelter in the nearest cave. As he flew past all of the dragons picking fruit, or growing trees, they all either stopped to stare at him in fear, point with a look of deadly worry, or run away screaming. 'Wow', he thought. 'My ancestors must have made a horrible reputation about Dark dragons when they first arrived'. When Coco heard the knock on her cave door, she thought it was the fruit delivery. So, she opened the cave door with a basket in her talons.

"You can just put the fruit in... hey! You're not the fruit deliverer! You're... a dark dragon?!"

"Don't be alarmed. We are not as we seem! Can I come in? I'm freezing! I'm always cold, but in this weather?! I'm an ice block!", asked Sparks. With all the thoughts running through Coco's head saying to not let him in, she let him in.