Chapter 1: Pineapple

He could smell the morning air. He could see the bright sunlight appearing through the trees in the distance. The sky was as clear as water, but it was coloured shades of pink and yellow, as it was early morning. He could taste his breakfast of strawberries. He could hear the birds chirping and other dragons waking up from their sleep. No one could break the peace. It was a paradise.

"Hey look! It's a little itty bitty weak dark dragon eating his little yummy wummy strawberries in the morning thinking he is the coolest dragon alive!"

Phoenix. Phoenix could break his paradise. He was a sun dragon. And his bully. Everywhere he went, Phoenix would always find some way to annoy, tease, and bully him. Phoenix flew on by, and Sparks sighed in relief, thanking that Phoenix was leaving him alone for a little while. Phoenix was one of the only dragons he knew who were not scared of him. Phoenix just thought Sparks wanted attention for his Dark dragon side. Once he made a speech saying that Sparks used some gross black moss to make himself a Dark dragon!

Sparks' life was total misery all the time. Everyone he looked at or even walked past in the forest either screamed, ran away, dug themself a hole and hid in it for the next couple of days, or just stared at him as he walked by (Except Phoenix). Although he was kind, caring, and funny, he had no friends because of his dark dragon ancestry.

When he turned 6, his mother, Coco, decided to put him in a training center for all 6 tribes so he could have a better chance of making friends because of the more tribes that were there. Coco thought there must be someone he could be friends with. Sparks thought otherwise. He thought he was a dragon that would have no friends, no matter who was there. The school was the only training center on Pluto which didn't include different tribes planning war against each other. Sparks thought that war would anyway.

That day, Sparks was not in his best mood. He just thought that being with different tribes would just make people hate him more than they already do. Sparks was not feeling very excited today. It was his first day of his classes, and his mum said he had to at least try and make friends. Sparks thought no matter how hard he tried, no one would want to be friends with him.

On the flight there, he was thinking about how bad it was going to be when he got there.

'Uh. Everyone is going to run away at the sight of me', he thought. 'I should have just faked an illness and stayed home!'

Sparks wasn't the most optimistic or positive dragon in the world. He worried about the smallest things. Like, if his mother had run out of strawberries, he would say to himself

'We are going to die of hunger. I don't know where mother finds the strawberry bushes, but it's probably super far away and it will probably take ages to get there and mother will die of hunger. We will all die of hunger...'

Sparks had wanted friends ever since he was two years old, but everyone was scared of him even though he was only a dragonet back then. So, all throughout his training centers back in the forest, he had zero friends. The only dragons who actually paid attention to him were teachers and bullies like Phoenix. Everyone else just avoided him and were always cautious if they came close. He had Nil. Nada. Nothing. No one...

But his thoughts disappeared when he arrived at the training center. It was the most beautiful thing Sparks had ever seen! He could see a castle made of stone and rocks with vines creeping down the side of the center, and there were caves poking out of the walls.In the essence of the castles, there was once a giant hall with lots of windows carved with famous dragons on the outside. Now, though, there were still statues of famous dragons, but instead of the hall, it was a giant mountain with the sun reflecting on it to make rainbows appear on it as the sun had just come up. And way down below the castle, there was a valley filled with water up to the very top! Sparks shivered, hoping it never overflowed. He did not want to drown on his first day at the training center.