Infatuated¹

Daijiana • ₊°✧︡ ˗ ˏ ˋ ♡ ˎˊ ˗

The brown skin girl sniffled as she read the text

The brown skin girl sniffled as she read the text. It felt like her heart shattered into a million pieces. Someone she had been talking to for the past month had just friend zoned her. She had asked him 'so what are we?' Which she knew she shouldn't have asked, because everytime she does, it never ended in her favor.

He texted back 'we coolin'. And she knew that meant that he had no intent of being together. They never do. She's never even had a real boyfriend. She had 'dated' a guy but that didn't last long because he broke up with her after only a week. He said that she was 'lame' and things like that. She felt like it was because she didn't jump into thing. He wanted to have her send pictures or 'link'. Not to do anything that Daijiana was cool with.

She blocked the boys number and turned her phone off. She felt so done with everything. It was like she was always good enough to talk to but never good enough to have a lasting relationship. She's only seventeen and she felt like she was going to die alone.

Love You Better by Future played through her speaker connected to her phone. She wiped her tears and chuckled. She felt stupid. She always did this. And it was crazy to her because she didn't even really talk to guys, and everytime she gave one a chance. This would happen.

Her phone rung, pausing her bluetooth. She sighed, answering. She hadn't even checked who called. "Hello?" She spoke as the phone connected.

"Why ma' shit not going through?" The boy voiced from the other end of the phone.

"I don't want to talk to you Tamir. You don't want to take me serious, and that's okay. But don't play in my face or on my phone." She said. Hanging up right after, her music continued to play.

She took a book off of her bookshelf, reading really took her out of reality. She went to sit back down on her bed and opened the book titled 'Broken Soul'.

Daijiana read through the book, invested into the story.

"Dai?" A voiced called from behind her bedroom door.

"Yes?" She asked, letting the person know it was okay for them to walk in.

"You good?" Her big brother, Dakai asked. It was like he always knew when something was wrong with her. He always knew.

"Yeah." She said quietly. Daijiana didn't take her eyes off of the book she was reading, knowing that if she did, she'd probably break into tears.

"You sure?" The teen boy asked. A tear slipped from her eyes. She mumbled a profanity before looking her brother in the eyes and shaking her head.

"C'mere Nemo." He opened his arms, she immediately put her book down and hugged him. Breaking down as they sat in the hug.

"Whas' wrong?" He laid his head above the younger girls, sadly listening to her sniffle.

"Am I not likable?" She asked him. He scrunched his face. His little sister is the most likable and adorable person ever. In his eyes, she did no wrong. And he'll die on a hill over that.

"You very likable. You da' most likable person ever guh'." He told her. She let out a broken chuckle, she felt a bit better. "Why you ask that?"

"Cause, I'm starting to feel like i'm not enough. Am I not pretty enough?" She started to bombard him and herself with questions. Why doesn't Tamir want to take her serious? It's been a month and whenever the topic of a relationship comes up, he brushes it off. Was she jumping into things? Of course not. With the way Tamir would talk, it sounded like he wanted more. But maybe not relationship wise.

He wanted to be friends who do things together. And that's not what Daijiana wanted. She wanted to be cute, lovey dovey. And maybe corny too. Aimee and Notti are. They are so cute together, she wanted something like that.

"You wanna go get some ice cream?" He pulled away from the embrace. She smiled and nodded.

First Week Out by Jdot Breezy played through the 2020 Honda Accord speakers. It was one of Dakai's favorite songs. Daijiana knew it by heart and she's never played it on her own time.

"What you gon get?" Dakai turned down the music and hit a left. Getting closer to his destination.

"A hot fudge sundae, with oreos." Something slight. She didn't have a big sweet tooth but loved ice cream. Dakai pulled into the Ice Cream Parlor drive-thru. "Should we get Maiya something?" Daijiana thought of her sister. Dakai hummed. Daijiana called her big sister, the girl answering after the second ring.

"What?" She asked with a attitude. Daijiana scrunched her face.

"I was gonna ask if you wanted some ice cream." She informed the girl. Their brother butting in.

"Not wit' dat' attitude. Neva' mind." Dakai scrunched his face, holding the same mug as Daijiana.

"Wait! My bad, im irritated righ' now. But yeah can I get death by chocolate?" Da'maiya smiled quickly.

"You're so fake. But yeah, we'll see you when we get back home." Then, Daijiana hung up.

Omani's corner - am i narcissistic because i made my bf a wattpad account just so he could tune in and i could tag him in everything? maybe

Omani's corner - am i narcissistic because i made my bf a wattpad account just so he could tune in and i could tag him in everything? maybe. anyways first chapter of many, i wanna focus on nympho before i take this serious. enjoy a teaser🫶🏽