Part Nine

I got into a new way of thinking.

I had one evening to think of an answer to Taehyung's elegant proposal.

"Think well, Gyeong. If I don't see you at my door tomorrow morning at nine o'clock, the offer will be canceled. Don't worry, I've put your Sister on Kim's charity list, and sooner or later the company will help, but in that case, I promise you'll never see my son again, Do you want me to believe my sincere feelings for my son? Tomorrow I'll know it for sure."

Thanks to his confusing words, my brain was already boiling. Kim Taehyung made my headache so bad I couldn't even fathom it.

"How am I supposed to know which choice you consider my honest move?"

"Think of the answer yourself Mrs. Sol."

Disturbed by the misunderstanding, I groaned like a small child and kicked
my feet.

I would take Soobin's health as a miracle, in any case, and I was very grateful for it, but I couldn't understand it.

I had to choose between babysitting Minjae and forgetting him.

To prove my sincere feelings for him, which one should I choose?

Agreeing to babysit Minjae was seemingly a good thing. Standing by the side of a lonely child and mothering him was what Minjae needed, but the quick help he received in return might have Taehyung convinced of his delusions.

If I didn't visit the House of Kim tomorrow, I would sacrifice Minjae to
loneliness again. I didn't know if over time Taehyung would become lenient towards him, whether he would overcome his loneliness, whether he would be happy or not, but I could be sure that Kim Taehyung would feel defeated in his attempts to bribe me.

Was I that selfish? Would I give up human happiness because of someone's wrong thoughts?

"What should I do?" I murmured tired from my pride.

"Gyeong, are you okay? " Mother's unexpected question pulled me out of my problems.

I got up slowly standing at the front door and went to the kitchen with
her.

"Did Minjae leave? I saw you talking to a man from the window. Is that your friend?" Mother asked me tentatively and started washing the dishes without even looking at me for a second.

I was lucky. She couldn't see Taehyung's face. What if she could see him too? How should I explain everything to her?

Taehyung's behavior today surprised me the most. It took him a week to come to me without covering and pick up his son, and today he drove half an hour without covering his person and put his identity in jeopardy.

"That's right. He came late and apologized to me." I quickly answered my mother and started drying the washed dishes at the same time.

The confused mother standing next to  me had a strange expression on her
face, but she tried with all her might to swallow it well.

"Are you dating Minjae's father, Gyeong? " Having lost her patience, she still spoke and turned his attention from the dish to me.

"What did you say?" I was surprised by the content of his question and could barely swallow.

The words I heard from my mother were the last I expected
to hear.

"I noticed your attitude towards Minjae. He's not just a friend's kid to you, Gyeong. I hate to admit it, but you acted like a mother in love with her child.

"How long have you been spending time with them? When did you start
dating, or..."

"Mom, stop for a while." I was surprised and interrupted until I heard even worse questions